Kane County Festivals and Attractions Receive Over $1 Million to Boost Tourism
Kane County Connects Staff 4/15/2023 6:00AM
Five Kane County communities will be receiving between $18,000 to $500,000 from the state to support local tourism. The money is coming from the Tourism Attractions and Festivals Grant program.
Festivals and projects in Aurora, Elgin, Geneva, Montgomery and West Dundee were selected for individual state grants, totaling $1,145,901.00.
The list includes:
- Aurora- $192,779.00 for the Aurora Festival of Lights and $43,471.00 for the Christkindlmarket festival
- Elgin- $191,651.00 for the Nightmare on Chicago Street
- Geneva- $18,000.00 for various festivals including Geneva Arts Fair, Festival of the Vine, Christmas Walk and Swedish Days
- Montgomery- $500,000.00 for improvements to four existing dirt ballfield infields at the Fox Valley Park District's Stuart Sports Complex
- West Dundee $200,000 to support the design and development of multiple areas and to purchase and install interpretive signage at the Randall Oaks Zoo and Park in Dundee Township
Tags: Around Town Community Community Involvement Economy Education Environment Families Featured Municipality Governments Tourism Why Kane