Treasurer Releases Due Dates for Kane County Real Estate Tax Bills
The 2022 Kane County property tax bills (payable in 2023) are expected to be mailed on April 28, 2023. According to Kane County Treasurer, Christopher J. Lauzen, CPA MBA, the first and second installments are due by the following dates:
- The first installment will be due on or before June 1, 2023.
- The second installment will be due on or before September 1, 2023.
Beginning April 26, 2023, taxpayers can visit the Treasurer's website at KaneCountyTreasurer.org to view and print duplicate bills.
Taxpayers are encouraged to make payments in the following methods:
- Recommended – Online payments at KaneCountyTreasurer.org. There is no fee for an e-check payment. Please note there are convenience fees for credit and debit card (2.35%) payments. We do not take over-the-phone payments.
- Recommended – Mailing your check payment to the Treasurer's office using the payment coupon and envelopes provided with your tax bill.
- Recommended – Placing your check payment with the payment coupon, in the envelopes provided, in the Drive-Up Payment Drop Box. The Drop Box is located behind Building A at the Kane County Government Center, 719 S. Batavia Ave., in Geneva. The Drop Box is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Many Kane County Banks will accept on-time payments at their drive-up facilities if accompanied with a payment coupon. Please find a list of participating banks at KaneCountyTreasurer.org.
Only personal checks and money order payments will be accepted at the Kane County Clerk's Branch Office, located at 5 E. Downer Place, Suite F, in downtown Aurora.
Payments may also be made at the Kane County Treasurer's office during regular business hours Monday thru Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
|Contact: Christopher J. Lauzen, CPA MBA
Phone: (630) 232-3565
Source/ Kane County Treasurer's Office