Property Tax Deadline September 1
Kane County Treasurer, Michael J. Kilbourne, MBA, would like to remind taxpayers that the second installment property tax bill is due on or before September 1, 2022.
If you are a new or existing homeowner and need a copy of the bill to remit payment, you may print a duplicate bill at KaneCountyTreasurer.org or contact the Treasurer's Office at (630) 232-3565.
Taxpayers are encouraged to make payments using the following methods:
1. Recommended – Online at KaneCountyTreasurer.org. There is no fee for an e-check payment. Please note there are convenience fees for credit card (2.35%) and debit card (1.15%) payments.
2. Recommended – Mailing your check, with the payment coupon, in the envelopes provided with your bill.
3. Recommended – Placing your check payment with the payment coupon, in the envelopes provided, in our Drive-Up Payment Drop Box. The Drop Box is located behind Building A at the Kane County Government Center, 719 S. Batavia Ave., in Geneva.
The Drop Box is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
4. Many Kane County Banks will accept on-time payments at their drive-up facilities if accompanied with a payment coupon. Please find a list of participating banks at KaneCountyTreasurer.org.
5. Payments may also be made at the Kane County Treasurer's office during regular business hours.
In the effort to practice recommended social distancing guidelines, we kindly request that taxpayers refrain from paying in person if possible.