COVID-19 UPDATE: Moderna Seeks Emergency Vax OK For Kids Under 5; Illinois Tallies 4,593 New Cases; Kane Case Rate Higher Than State’s
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
OVERVIEW: Moderna Seeks Emergency Vax OK For Children Under 5; Beijing Closing All Schools; Denmark Halts COVID Vax Program
Moderna Inc. has asked U.S. health regulators to authorize the use of its COVID-19 vaccine in children ages 6 months to 5 years old. The company said Thursday that it had submitted the request after a study showed the shot safely induced immune responses in the young age group. (The Wall Street Journal)
Beijing is closing all city schools in a further tightening of COVID-19 restrictions, as China’s capital seeks to prevent a wider outbreak. The city of 21 million has already ordered three rounds of mass testing this week, with the third coming Friday. (The Associated Press)
Denmark has become the first country to halt its COVID vaccination program, saying it is doing so because the virus is now under control. “Spring has arrived, vaccine coverage in the Danish population is high, and the epidemic has reversed,” the Danish Health Authority said in a statement Wednesday. (CNBC)
KANE COUNTY: 220 New Cases, 0 Deaths
Kane County recorded 220 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths today, according to data posted by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
The totals for Kane County since the pandemic began are 128,448 positive cases and 1,125 COVID-19 deaths.
Kane County’s case rate per 100,000 population is at 28 — almost three higher than the state as a whole.
The county’s seven-day rolling average of COVID-19 hospitalizations is at two per day.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 4,593 New Cases, 7 Deaths; State ICU Bed Availability Drops to 22%
The state of Illinois added 4,593 new COVID-19 cases and seven COVID-19 deaths, according to data posted today by the IDPH.
Statewide, there have been 3,132,727 positive cases and 33,599 COVID deaths since the state began tallying data.
The case rate per 100,000 population is at 25.2. The seven-day rolling average of COVID-19 hospital admissions is 53.
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Youth And School Data page
- Click this link for the IDPH’s COVID-19 Hospital Resource Utilization page
- Click this link for the IDPH’s COVID-19 data page that includes a search by county.
- Click this link for the CDC’S Community Levels By County page
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Data Surveillance Page