Kane County Director of Health Promotion Uche Onwuta offered a clear and concise presentation on the COVID-19 situation during today’s (Jan. 19, 2022) Public Health Committee meeting.
“Omicron is in town, and it’s creating havoc,” she said.
- CLICK THIS LINK TO SEE THE FULL PRESENTATION IN PDF FORM.
- CLICK THIS LINK TO WATCH THE FULL PUBLIC HEALTH COMMITTEE MEETING ON YOUTUBE.
Presented below are screenshots showing some of the slides from the committee meeting, which provide a valuable overview of the pandemic in Kane County.
A few of the takeaways:
(1) Kane County COVID Transmission Is Very High
(2) Cases Are at Highest Level of Pandemic, But Numbers Coming Down
(3) Hospitalizations Are Very High; Overcrowding Is Fueled by Unvaccinated Patients
(4) Kane County Outbreaks High in 2021; School Outbreaks Expected to Rise Following Winter Break
(5) We Have New Quarantine Guidance
(6) We Have New Isolation Guidance
(7) We Have New Mask Guidance
(8) Omicron Has Replaced Delta as Dominant Variant
(9) 43.2% of Kane Population Has Been Boosted
SOURCE: Kane County Health Department presentation to Kane County Public Health Committee