“Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them.” –
— Thom Jones, American fiction writer
- KCAC’s Adorable, Adoptable Pet of the Week is written by Tecla Metzel of Kane County Animal Control.
Look up the phrase “sweet dog” and you might find Sally’s picture right next to it.
Sally is a 2-year-old spayed brown and white Pit Bull with an outgoing personality that lights up a room. Upon first meeting, however, she might appear a bit timid but she quickly warms up. Her instincts move her to greet each person like a politician working the room, taking time to sit in front of them to get petted and have her belly rubbed.
Then she moves on to the next person, asking for the same pets and belly rubs. Pretty soon she has met everyone and is now holding court in the middle of the room, surrounded by all her adorers.
Sally has high energy although she enjoys steady walks where she can sit down midway through and ponder her environment before she continues on.
She likes other dogs, but may prefer to be the only dog unless she can pretty much ignore them. In order to help Sally understand the rules of the road in her new home, it’s strongly suggested that she get some training. She’s definitely willing to listen and learn, especially since it will give her the time to bond with her new fur-ever family.
Sally knows she has a diva personality and she absolutely likes it that way. Why share the love when she can have it all to herself?
Call Ahead For an Appointment!
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 virus situation, KCAC is asking any potential adopters to call ahead and make an appointment to visit any of KCAC’s adoptable animals.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. However, we want to continue to remain vigilant in keeping our employees and county animals as healthy as possible.
How to Adopt
All Kane County Animal Control adoptable cats and dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped and up-to-date on all vaccines, including rabies. They are tested for feline leukemia/FIV and heartworm.
The adoption fee is $200 for dogs and $100 for cats. Adoption of two dogs is $300, and adoption of two cats is $150.
For more information regarding Kane County Animal Control’s adoptable animals and for an adoption application, please visit www.kanecountypets.org.
About Kane County Animal Control
It is the duty of the Animal Control Department to:
- Ensure that all domesticated dogs and cats over 4 months of age are vaccinated against rabies and have a Kane County rabies tag.
- Ensure that all reported animal bites are given precautionary attention in relation to the possibility rabies infection.
- Ensure that pet owners are instructed on proper procedures pertaining to animal bites and enforce adherence to these procedures.
- Contain loose\stray dogs in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate nuisance dog complaints in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
Read More POW!
- POW! Wanna Play? Better Hurry! Adorable Serrano Is a Hot Commodity at KCAC
- POW! Sheba’s One Wish Is To Be The Lap Dog You Love
- POW! Say, Cheese! First of 3 Adorable Orange Kittens Available For Adoption at KCAC!
- POW! Add a Little Ginger to Spice Up Your Thanksgiving!
- POW! Sample a Little Sweet Saffron This Holiday Season
- POW! It Doesn’t Take Long To Fall in Love With Belladonna
- POW! Sam Is Ready To Jump Into Your Arms