- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
OVERVIEW: COVID Is Moving North; 10 States Sue Biden; European Deaths Up 10% This Week
- Editor’s Note: There is no state COVID-19 data posted today because of the Veterans Day holiday.
While trends are improving in Florida, Texas and other Southern states that bore the worst of the summer surge, it’s clear that delta isn’t done with the United States. COVID-19 is moving north and west for the winter as people head indoors, close their windows and breathe stagnant air. (Associated Press)
A coalition of 10 states filed a lawsuit Wednesday against President Joe Biden and various public health agencies and officials to challenge a federal vaccine requirement for most workers in health-care settings. (Washington Post)
Coronavirus deaths in Europe rose 10 percent in the first week of this month and made up over half of the 48,000 coronavirus deaths reported globally in that time, according to World Health Organization figures released this week
OVERVIEW: U.S. Cases Rising; More Than 900,000 Kids 5-11 Vaccinated; Sleep-Deprived More Likely To Get Sick
More than 900,000 kids ages 5-11 will have been jabbed by day’s end with their first shot in less than a week since the shots have been available to the age group, the White House said Wednesday.
The NFL fined Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers for violating COVID-19 protocols. The league conducted a review of Rodgers’ and the Packers’ activities related to protocol after the quarterback tested positive last week.
People with certain sleep disorders have more severe outcomes from COVID-19, including a 31% higher rate of hospitalization and death, according to a study published Wednesday in JAMA Network Open.
Today’s numbers (USA Today): The U.S. has reported more than 46.7 million COVID-19 cases and 758,000 deaths, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. Worldwide, there have been more than 251.2 million cases and more than 5 million deaths. About 67% of people in the U.S. have received at least one vaccine shot, and about 58% are fully vaccinated, according to the CDC. Among U.S. adults, 81% have received at least one shot, and about 70% are fully vaccinated.
KANE COUNTY: 185 New Cases, 1 Additional Death; Generally, Cases Increasing While Deaths Declining
Kane County recorded 185 new cases and one additional COVID-19 death today.
The countywide totals to date are 70,234 positive cases and 892 deaths since the pandemic began.
Of late, cases have been rising while deaths have been falling. USA Today shows Kane County cases have increased by more than 10% from the previous week.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate is 2.5%.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 5,044 New Cases, 20 Deaths
So far, 36,142 Illinois children ages 5 to 11 have received COVID-19 vaccinations since federal authorization was given Nov. 2, the Daily Herald reports.
Today, the Illinois Department of Public Health reported 5,044 new COVID-19 cases — one of the highest single-day totals in weeks. Only 2,245 cases were reported yesterday.
Since the pandemic began, there have been 1,727,632 Illinois positive tests for COVID-19.
The state reported 20 additional deaths today, bringing the total to 26,028 since the pandemic began.
Hospitalizations are on the rise.
Illinois hospitals were treating 1,467 COVID-19 patients Tuesday night.
Kane-DuPage Region 8 is showing a seven-day rolling average of 126 COVID-19 hospital patients — that’s up four since the previous day.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.
- Click this link for the IPDH’s Online Vax Verify System
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Youth And School Data page