COVID-19 UPDATE: Pfizer Asks To Expand Booster Shots For All Adults; Illinois Deaths Pass 26,000; Kane Cases Pass 70,000
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
OVERVIEW: Pfizer Asks To Expand Booster Shots For All Adults; District Court Denies Religious Exemptions To COVID Vaccination; France Says People Under 30 Shouldn’t Get Moderna Vaccine
Pfizer and BioNTech asked federal regulators on Tuesday to expand authorization of their coronavirus booster shot to include all adults, a move could significantly expand the number of recipients who are eligible for booster shots, the New York Times and other news sites report.
British-Swedish drugmaker AstraZeneca is creating a separate division for vaccines and antibody therapies, the drugmaker said Tuesday, to focus on its coronavirus shot and covid-19 treatments after setbacks during the pandemic, Reuters reports.
France’s public health authority has recommended people under 30 be given Pfizer’s Comirnaty COVID-19 vaccine when available instead of Moderna’s Spikevax jab, which carried comparatively higher risks of heart-related problems, the Jerusalem Post reports.
Worldometer reports 251,427,507 coronavirus cases (view by country), 5,076,924 deaths and 227,626,076 recovered.
KANE COUNTY: 101 New Cases, No Additional Deaths; U-46 Hosts Vax Clinics at 40 Elementary Schools
Kane County today passed the 70,000 mark in total COVID-19 cases since the pandemic began.
According to the Illinois Department of Public Health, Kane County recorded 101 new cases and no additional deaths today. The totals to date are 70,049 positive cases and 891 deaths.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate is at 2.5%.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 2,245 New Cases, 22 Deaths; State Passes 26,000 Death Toll
The IDPH reported 2,245 new cases and 22 additional deaths statewide today.
The totals since the pandemic began are 1,722,590 positive cases and 26,008 deaths.
The state’s Region 8, which is comprised of Kane County and DuPage County, is back up to the 20% threshold for available ICU beds. The region had dipped below the threshold — at 19% — for the previous seven days.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.
- Click this link for the IPDH’s Online Vax Verify System
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Youth And School Data page