COVID-19 UPDATE: Europe Seeing Record Infections; Travel Rules Change Nov. 8; Illinois Records 4,267 New Cases
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
OVERVIEW: Europe Now Is Seeing Record Infections; Travel Requirements Change Nov. 8; Large Companies Given Jan. 4 Vax Deadline
Europe is again experiencing near-record levels of coronavirus infections, and could experience half a million COVID-related deaths in the next three months, the World Health Organization said on Thursday. Prematurely eased restrictions and lagging vaccination rates are to blame, a WHO official said.
The Biden administration said on Thursday that large companies have until Jan. 4 to ensure that their workforces are fully vaccinated under a sweeping new coronavirus health measure that will cover 84 million private sector workers.
Indians across the country began celebrating Diwali, the Hindu festival of lights, on Thursday amid concerns over the coronavirus pandemic. Last year, celebrations in India were upended by a renewed spike in COVID-19 infections, but festivities this year seem to be back. (Associated Press)
Wisconsin hit a cumulative 800,000 confirmed COVID-19 virus cases 21 months after the pandemic reached the state. Cases, deaths, hospitalizations, positive tests — all the metrics were up on the same day Wisconsin passed the grim milestone, WBAY.com reports.
Starting Nov 8: Travel requirements will change for any passengers traveling to the United States. Find out what you will need to do to board a flight to the United States: https://bit.ly/3mi0932.
KANE COUNTY: 138 New Cases, 0 Additional Deaths
Kane County recorded no additional COVID-19 deaths for the second straight day but added 138 new cases today.
According to data posted by the Illinois Department of Public Health, there have been 69,626 positive cases and 888 COVID-19 deaths of Kane County residents since the pandemic began.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate is back to 2.3%.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 4,267 New Cases, 28 Deaths Posted Thursday
The state of Illinois recorded 4,267 new cases and 28 additional COVID-19 deaths today.
The totals since the pandemic began are 1,710,044 positive cases and 25,926 COVID-19 deaths.
Kane-DuPage Region 8 is still under the state threshold for ICU bed capacity, which remains at 19% for the seven-day rolling average.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.
- Click this link for the IPDH’s Online Vax Verify System
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Youth And School Data page