COVID-19 UPDATE: CDC Panel Votes Yes For Kids Vax; Region 8 Dips Below ICU Bed Threshold; Pritzker Says Masks Stay On, For Now
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
OVERVIEW: CDC Advisory Committee Votes Yes on Vax For Kids; Foreign Travelers OK To Enter U.S. Nov. 8; Dutch Reimpose COVID Safety Protocols
Today’s numbers: The U.S. has reported more than 46 million COVID-19 cases and 747,000 deaths, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. Worldwide, there have been more than 247.2 million cases and more than 5 million deaths. More than 192.5 million Americans – 58% of the population – are fully vaccinated, according to the CDC.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices voted unanimously today (Tuesday, Nov. 2, 2021) to recommend Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine for children ages 5 to 11. The U.S, Food and Drug Administration gave their green light for the vaccine on Friday. However, shots cannot be administered until after ACIP make a recommendation on the use of the vaccine and the CDC director signs off.
Coronavirus infections in the Netherlands have been rising for a month after most social distancing measures were scrapped in late September, and reached their highest level since July in the past week, Reuters reports. The Dutch government on Tuesday decided to re-impose measures, including the wearing of face masks, aimed at slowing the latest spike in COVID-19 infections.
The Biden administration announced that vaccinated foreign travelers would be allowed to enter the United States starting Nov. 8, — and it was as though a starting gun had been fired, the New York Times reports. Travel bookings are on the rise as the U.S. prepares to reopen to foreign travelers.
KANE COUNTY: 87 New Cases, 1 Additional Death
Kane County recorded 87 new COVID-19 cases and one additional death today, raising the totals to 69,437 positive cases and 888 deaths of Kane County residents since the pandemic began.
Kane county’s seven-day test positivity rate stayed at 2.3%.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 2,382 New Cases, 24 Deaths Reported Tuesday; Pritzker Gets Booster Shot, Says Masks Stay on For Now
Gov. J.B. Pritzker rolled up a sleeve for his COVID-19 booster shot Tuesday morning, but even as he urged Illinoisans to bare their arms, the governor is not ready to tell them to uncover their faces, the Chicago Sun-Times reports. He said only when COVID-19 hospitalizations drop will he start “getting more and more optimistic” about relaxing masking restrictions.
Meanwhile, the state recorded 2,382 new COVID-19 cases and 24 additional deaths today.
The totals since the pandemic began are 1,704,031 cases and 25, 858 deaths.
Kane-DuPage Region 8 dipped below the threshold for ICU bed capacity today for the first time in many weeks. According to the Illinois Department of Public Health website, Region 8’s ICU bed capacity is at 19% — one percentage point below the IDPH threshold.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.
- Click this link for the IPDH’s Online Vax Verify System
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Youth And School Data page