COVID-19 UPDATE: 346 Kane County Cases, 8,922 Illinois Cases Recorded Over Weekend; Hospitalizations Rising in Region 8
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
OVERVIEW: Michigan Reports 21,034 Cases in 3 Days; NYC Encouraging All To Get Boosters; Corgi Beaten To Death in China as Part of Stringent COVID Measures
New York City health officials on Monday encouraged all adults who want to receive coronavirus vaccine boosters to seek them out, and asked health providers not to turn them away, a move that comes as federal regulators consider expanding the eligibility pool for Pfizer-BioNTech’s booster, the New York Times reports.
The Michigan health department reported 21,034 new coronavirus cases over a three-day period on Monday, an average of 7,011.3 per day, bringing Michigan to 1,209,712 confirmed cases since the beginning of the pandemic, the Detroit Free Press reports.
The fatal beating of a pet corgi by epidemic prevention workers disinfecting a residential building linked to a COVID-19 outbreak in southeastern China has sparked outrage in China, leading some pet owners and animal rights activists to question the extent of China’s stringent pandemic-control measures., the Wall Street Journal reports.
KANE COUNTY: 346 New Cases But No Additional Deaths Over Weekend
As the Thanksgiving holiday draws near, many Kane County moms are thankful that their children can get the COVID-19 vaccine, according to a Kane County government news release.
Those parents might be especially thankful for the vaccine in the wake of weekend data provided by the Illinois Department of Public Health. According to the IDPH website, there were 346 new Kane County cases recorded over the weekend.
The total number of positive cases among Kane County residents is 70,856 since the pandemic began.
There were no new Kane County COVID-19 deaths recorded over the weekend, keeping the total at 896 deaths recorded during the course of the pandemic.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate took another jump up today, reaching 3.5%.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 8,922 New Cases, 40 Deaths Over Weekend; Hospitalizations Rising
COVID-19 hospitalizations in Kane-DuPage Region 8 have been steadily rising over the past week. Accorded to the IDPH website, the average number of patients increased by two — to 143 as of Sunday.
Meanwhile, the state recorded 8,922 new cases over the weekend, bringing the total to 1,744,508 positive cases during the pandemic.
Illinois recorded 40 additional deaths over the weekend, bring the total to 26,117 deaths of Illinois residents.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.
- Click this link for the IPDH’s Online Vax Verify System
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Youth And School Data page