COVID-19 UPDATE: 28,280 New Illinois Cases; 234 New Kane Cases Friday; FDA OK’s Boosters For All Adults; Austria Goes on Lockdown
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
OVERVIEW: Violent Protests in Europe; Breakthrough Cases Hitting Elderly; U.S. Cases Rise as Thanksgiving Nears
A resurgence of COVID-19 restrictions in a number of European countries has resulted in protests, with some demonstrations turning violent and leading to dozens of arrests, NPR and others report.
Breakthrough cases of COVID-19 are hitting older people and those with underlying health conditions particularly hard, according to a new review of data by The Wall Street Journal that sharpens the picture of who remains at risk despite vaccinations.
COVID-19 cases are climbing nationally as the U.S. barrels into its second holiday season during the pandemic, with most families planning this year to gather for Thanksgiving, The Hill reports.
OVERVIEW: FDA OK’s Boosters For All Adults; Austria Goes on Lockdown; Michigan Reports 17,980 Cases in 2 Days
Scientific advisers to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Friday unanimously endorsed booster shots of the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna coronavirus vaccines for all adults, a move that brings tens of millions fully vaccinated adults a step closer to a third shot.
As Austria prepares to go into a national lockdown next week, the health minister in neighboring Germany suggested on Friday that a similar measure remained an option for his far larger country as coronavirus cases there continue to reach record levels, the New York Times reports.
Michigan reported 17,980 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 128 deaths over a two-day period Friday. That’s an average of 8,990 cases per day over the period, WXYZ Detroit reports.
KANE COUNTY: 234 New Cases, 0 Additional Deaths; Test Positive Jumps to 4.5%
Kane County numbers jumped again today, with big increases in cases and test positivity.
According to data posted on the Illinois Department of Public Health website, Kane County recorded 234 new cases, bringing the total to 71,661 positive cases since the pandemic began.
There were no additional COVID-19 deaths today. In fact, Kane County hasn’t recorded any new COVID deaths since Monday.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate took a dramatic jump today, to 4.5%. It was 4.0% yesterday,
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 28,280 New Cases, 150 Deaths; Cases Increase 25% Over Previous Week
The Illinois Department of Public Health today reported 28,280 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease in Illinois, including 150 additional deaths since reporting last Nov. 12, 2021.
New cases of COVID-19 increased 25% from last week.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,763,866 cases, including 26,227 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years.
Since reporting on Friday, Nov. 12, 2021, laboratories have reported 879,278 specimens for a total of 37,895,788.
As of last night, 1,759 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 350 patients were in the ICU and 152 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from Nov. 12-18, 2021 is 3.2%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from Nov. 12-18, 2021 is 3.8%.
Of Illinois’ total population, approximately 67% has received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose and almost 61% of Illinois’ total population is fully vaccinated according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. A total of 16,691,850 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight.
The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 62,142 doses. Since reporting on Friday, Nov. 12, 2021, 434,995 doses were reported administered in Illinois.
*All data are provisional and will change. Additional information and COVID-19 data can be found at https://dph.illinois.gov/covid19.html.
Vaccination is the key to ending this pandemic. To find a COVID-19 vaccination location near you, go to www.vaccines.gov.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.
- Click this link for the IPDH’s Online Vax Verify System
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Youth And School Data page