COVID-19 UPDATE: 180 New Cases in Kane County; 4,989 New Illinois Cases; 14,561 New Cases in Michigan
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
OVERVIEW: 3 Doses To Be ‘Fully Vaccinated’; Moderna Seeks Booster OK; 14,561 New Cases in Michigan
Moderna has asked federal regulators to authorize booster shots of its coronavirus vaccine for all adults, a request that the Food and Drug Administration could grant as early as this week along with a similar request from Pfizer, according to the New York Times.
Hospitals in Michigan and Minnesota on Tuesday reported a wave of COVID-19 patients not seen in months as beds were filled with unvaccinated people and health care leaders warned that staff were being worn down by yet another surge, Fox News reports.
Michigan added 14,561 cases and 242 deaths from COVID-19 on Wednesday, according to the Detroit News and other sources.
KANE COUNTY: 180 New Cases, 0 Additional Deaths
Kane County recorded 180 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths today, continuing a recent streak of high case counts and few deaths.
The totals since the pandemic began are 71,207 cases and 896 deaths of Kane County residents.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate rose again, and is now at 3.8%.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 4,989 New Cases, 24 Deaths
The state of Illinois recorded 4,989 new COVID-19 cases and 24 deaths today.
According to data posted by the Illinois Department of Public Health, there have been 1,752,502 positive cases and 26,160 deaths in Illinois attributed to the coronavirus.
In Region 8, which is comprised of Kane County and DuPage County, COVID-19 hospitalizations continue to go up. The seven-day-average rate is now at 146 patients in Region 8 hospitals due to COVID-19.
ICU bed availability took a drop in today’s figures. It is down to 21%, just above the state threshold of 20%.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.
- Click this link for the IPDH’s Online Vax Verify System
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Youth And School Data page