COVID-19 UPDATE: 17,107 New Cases Over The Weekend; 2 New Kane Deaths; ICU Bed Capacity Falls Under State Threshold
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
OVERVIEW: 90% of Federal Employees Have Had at Least 1 Shot; Get Booster Before Winter Spike; Pfizer 100% Effective in Preventing Teen Infections
More than 90% of federal employees will have had at least one coronavirus vaccine shot by the end of Monday, the deadline set by President Biden when he announced vaccine mandates earlier this fall, according to a senior administration official.
Americans who have been fully vaccinated against the coronavirus should get booster shots ahead of a winter spike that could be “dangerous” due to the rampant spread of the virus among the unvaccinated, said Anthony S. Fauci, the nation’s top infectious-disease expert, the Washington Post reports.
Pfizer and BioNTech announced Monday that their COVID-19 vaccine was 100% efficacious in preventing infections in 12- to 15-year-olds, measured from seven days to four months after administration of the second dose of the vaccine, according to statnews.com.
KANE COUNTY: 508 New Cases, 2 Additional Deaths Over The Weekend
Kane County recorded 508 new cases and two additional deaths over the weekend, according to data posted on the Illinois Department of Public Health website.
The totals since the pandemic began are 72,169 positive cases and 898 deaths of Kane County residents
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate rose again and is now at 4.9%.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 17,107 New Cases, 50 Deaths Over The Weekend; Hospital Bed Availability Drops Under State Threshold
The state of Illinois recorded 17,107 new cases and 50 additional deaths over the weekend.
To date, there have been 1,775,253 positive cases and 26,277 deaths of Illinois residents.
In Kane-DuPage Region 8, ICU bed capacity dropped to 19%, dipping under the state’s 20% threshold. The number of COVID-19 hospitalizations in the two counties also increased over the weekend and is now at a seven-day average of 153.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.
- Click this link for the IPDH’s Online Vax Verify System
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Youth And School Data page