“Peace. Freedom. The joy of living. This is what all animals seek.”
– Anthony Douglas Williams, author The Divine Pattern
- KCAC’s Adorable, Adoptable Pet of the Week is written by Tecla Metzel of Kane County Animal Control.
- Caption With The Video: After 124 days hanging out here at the shelter, Sheba is still just as goofy as ever. She is trying to learn about the world one experience at a time. Yesterday that experience was a dandelion fluff! If you are interested in helping Sheba learn about the world around her and give her a furever home please give us a call at 630-232-3555.
Fall has finally arrived!
As the air becomes cooler and crisper and the trees begin to shed their leaves, we can almost smell the apple pies in the oven calling our name. Making hot chocolate, with or without marshmallows while spending the day picking out the best pumpkins to go with our front porch motif gets added to our To-Do lists.
As we tentatively begin to live our lives the way they were meant to be, we know there are far too many dogs and cats in shelters that may never experience a real home — a home filled with new smells, new people and walks and cuddles and acceptance.
A home is what Sheba, an 11-month-old female black and white spayed pit bull terrier is waiting for more than anything. Her one wish is to be a lap dog and to learn how to get more snuggling from her humans.
Running with her friends didn’t give her the luxury of learning much about living in a home, a real home, so we encourage Sheba’s new owner to adopt her as an only canine in the house.
We also expect that Sheba will need to enroll in a few training classes because our wonderful world can seem a bit overwhelming. It’s nothing that her eagerness to learn backed up by some treats can’t fix, however.
Sheba is a blank page waiting for all the elements that will become her-story to come together, each chapter a new adventure with her new human parent.
Are you ready to write Sheba’s story?
Congratulations to Spock, the male 4-month-old black and white Domestic Shorthair that was found on the side of the road with his five siblings. Spock found his fur-ever home with a family just as energetic as he is.
We’re sure he is running through the halls exploring every nook and cranny and wondering if his new home is indeed “the final frontier.”
Call Ahead For an Appointment!
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 virus situation, KCAC is asking any potential adopters to call ahead and make an appointment to visit any of KCAC’s adoptable animals.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. However, we want to continue to remain vigilant in keeping our employees and county animals as healthy as possible.
How to Adopt
All Kane County Animal Control adoptable cats and dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped and up-to-date on all vaccines, including rabies. They are tested for feline leukemia/FIV and heartworm.
The adoption fee is $200 for dogs and $100 for cats. Adoption of two dogs is $300, and adoption of two cats is $150.
For more information regarding Kane County Animal Control’s adoptable animals and for an adoption application, please visit www.kanecountypets.org.
About Kane County Animal Control
It is the duty of the Animal Control Department to:
- Ensure that all domesticated dogs and cats over 4 months of age are vaccinated against rabies and have a Kane County rabies tag.
- Ensure that all reported animal bites are given precautionary attention in relation to the possibility rabies infection.
- Ensure that pet owners are instructed on proper procedures pertaining to animal bites and enforce adherence to these procedures.
- Contain loose\stray dogs in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate nuisance dog complaints in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
Read More POW!
- POW! Sweet Ophelia Will Give You Love — And Plenty of Verbal Updates!
- POW! Tail-Wagging Sarah Jean Will Wiggle Her Way Into Your Heart
- POW! Let Playful Little Chili Put Some Spice in Your Life!
- POW! Adopt The Girls! Shy And Sweet Clementine And Little Bear
- POW! Who Needs NetFlix With Dopey Doo Around?
- POW! Want to Hang Out With Royalty? Duchess Is a Purr-Fect Companion
- POW! Diving Into Shredded Newspaper, Pouncing on Untied Shoelaces, Every Bit of Mira Screams, ‘Kitten!’
- POW! Wanna Play? Better Hurry! Adorable Serrano Is a Hot Commodity at KCAC
- POW! Sheba’s One Wish Is To Be The Lap Dog You Love
- POW! Here’s Your Chance to Help Spock Live Long And Prosper