COVID-19 UPDATE: State Not Lifting Mask Mandate; 4 More Kane Deaths, 7,139 New State Cases Over Weekend; J&J Seeks OK For Booster; Biden Coming to Chicago
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
OVERVIEW: J&J Seeks OK For Booster; Biden Coming to Chicago; 95 School Outbreaks in Michigan
— U.S. FDA (@US_FDA) October 4, 2021
A poll of 1,000 healthcare workers, which was conducted Sept. 2-8 by Morning Consult, showed that 18 percent of medical workers quit their jobs during the pandemic. Additionally, 31 percent reported that they had at least thought about leaving their work, The Hill reports.
Johnson & Johnson is planning to ask U.S. regulators early this week to authorize a booster shot of its coronavirus vaccine, according to officials familiar with the company’s plans. (New York Times report)
Northwell Health, New York State’s largest health care provider, announced on Monday that it had fired 1,400 of its employees who refused to get vaccinated against the coronavirus, the New York Times reports.
President Biden is set to travel to Chicago on Thursday to highlight airline vaccination requirements put in place in response to the president’s vaccine mandates for businesses, the Washington Post and other sources report.
The State of Michigan reported 95 new COVID-19 outbreaks at schools Monday as cases continue to rise in the state, according to Michigan.gov.
New Zealand is ending its effort to keep COVID-19 out of the remote South Pacific country as the economic costs mount and after its latest lockdown failed to halt the spread of the virus.
KANE COUNTY: 205 New Cases, 4 Deaths of Kane Residents Over Weekend
Sadly, four more Kane County residents died from COVID-19 over the weekend. The totals to date are 861 Kane residents who have died from the virus.
Kane County recorded 205 new cases over the weekend. The total since the pandemic began is 66,938 positive cases.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate continued to fall and is now below the 3.0% mark. As of today, the county’s seven-day test positivity rate is 2.9%.
About 55.93% of Kane County’s population is fully vaccinated.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 7,139 New Cases, 59 Deaths Over Weekend
Gov. J.B. Pritzker said Monday he’s looking for clear signs that coronavirus transmission is on the decline in Illinois before he’ll consider lifting the indoor mask mandate he reinstated in late August amid a surge driven by the virus’ highly contagious delta variant, the Chicago Tribune reports.
Meanwhile, COVID-19 cases and test positivity rates are clearly dropping, but the weekend totals are a reminder to stay vigilant.
The Illinois Department of Public Health reported 7,139 new cases and 59 additional deaths since Friday.
The totals statewide are 1,638,003 positive cases and 25,076 COVID-19 deaths since the pandemic began.
The seven-day rolling average of COVID-19 hospitalizations in Kane County and DuPage County (Region 8) went up on Oct. 2 but down again on Oct. 3. As of today, the IDPH is reporting the seven-day average of 147 COVID-19 patients in Region 8 hospitals.
Most likely because of the OK for Pfizer booster shots, Daily Administered Vaccination totals jumped statewide but did not have a big impact on the percentage of the population that is fully vaccinated.
According to the IDPH 55.53% of Illinoisans are fully vaccinated.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.
- Click this link for the IPDH’s Online Vax Verify System
- Click this link for the IDPH’s School Outbreaks page