COVID-19 UPDATE: FDA To Allow Mix-And-Match Boosters; Pritzker Could Drop Mask Mandates By Holidays; Kane Test Positivity Down To 2.9%
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
OVERVIEW: Mix-And-Match Boosters Could Be OK Very Soon; Britain Seeing Highest Cases Levels Since July; About 66% of U.S. Have Had at Least 1 Vaccine Shot
Americans may soon be able to receive a booster shot of a COVID-19 vaccine that is different from the shot they initially received, the New York Times reported. Pfizer boosters were authorized for certain populations last month. The Moderna and J&J boosters are expected to be cleared this week.
Public health officials in the United Kingdom are calling for new social distancing restrictions as the country is seeing its highest cases levels since mid-July, U.S. News reports. Last week, the Office for National Statistics estimated that one in 60 people in England had the virus, one of the highest levels seen in Britain during the pandemic.
Today’s numbers (USA Today): The U.S. has reported more than 45 million COVID-19 cases and 726,000 deaths, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. Worldwide, there have been more than 241 million cases and more than 4.9 million deaths. About 66% of people in the U.S. have received at least one vaccine shot, and about 57% are fully vaccinated, according to the CDC. Among U.S. adults, 79% have received at least one shot, and about 68% are fully vaccinated.
KANE COUNTY: 78 Cases, No Deaths Reported Tuesday; Test Positivity Down to 2.9%
Kane County’s test positivity rate has dropped below 3.0%.
According to date posted on the Illinois Department of Health website, the county’s seven-day rolling average dropped to 2.9%. While that’s the lowest it’s been since the summer, it is still behind the statewide average of 2.4%.
But the numbers are clearly down. Today, Kane County recorded 73 new cases and no additional deaths. The totals to date are 68,284 positive cases and 868 deaths related to COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 2,071 New Cases, 21 Deaths; 24,418 Vaccinations; Pritzker Aims to End Mask Mandate By Holidays
Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker said he’d like to rescind the state’s indoor mask mandate in time for the holidays, but stopped short of saying what metrics needed to be hit in order for that to happen, the Daily Herald reports.
The Illinois Department of Public Health today reported 2,071 new COVID-19 cases and 21 deaths statewide. The totals to date are 1,673,346 cases and 25,491 deaths related to COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
That state recorded 24,418 new vaccination shots yesterday. To date, there have been 15,099,528 shots administered in Illinois.
State officials issued a news release today saying they are hoping to increase the numbers of booster shots to older Illinoisans. (See the embedded article below.)
State of Illinois on Facebook
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.
- Click this link for the IPDH’s Online Vax Verify System
- Click this link for the IDPH’s School Outbreaks page