COVID-19 UPDATE: ‘Brain Fog’ Is Virus Side Effect; 2 Kane Deaths Over Weekend; State Readies 500,000 Doses For Kids
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
OVERVIEW: U.S. COVID-19 Deaths Expected To Drop in November; ‘Brain Fog’ Is COVID Side Effect; Moderna Vax Has Strong Immune Response For Children
As you can see from the CDC charts above, COVID-19 cases are continuing to go down. A CDC trend report predicts deaths will continue to drop well into November.
Long-term COVID-19 side effects could include memory loss and other cognitive dysfunctions commonly labeled as “brain fog,” according to a study released that examined 740 patients in the Mount Sinai Health System. (USA Today)
The country where the coronavirus pandemic began is also the only one in the world still trying to completely eradicate the virus within its borders. China officials have repeatedly dismissed the idea of living with the virus, citing the country’s large population and their success in containment so far — even as China has continued to record sporadic outbreaks, triggering mass testing and strict lockdowns. (New York Times)
KANE COUNTY: 194 New Cases, 2 Deaths Over The Weekend
Kane County recorded 194 new cases and two additional deaths over the weekend.
There have been 68,798 positive cases and 876 deaths of Kane County residents since the pandemic began.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate is 2.7%.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 5,140 New Cases, 58 Deaths Since Friday; State Will Immediately Allocate 500,000 Doses For Children Once Feds Give The OK
An initial supply of about 500,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine will be available for Illinois children ages 5 to 11 assuming federal regulators approve shots in the coming days, Gov. J.B. Pritzker said Monday.
The Illinois Department of Public Health reported 5,140 new cases and 58 deaths since Friday. The statewide totals to date are 1,686,048 positive cases and 25,648 deaths.
Kane-DuPage Region 8 COVID-19 hospitalizations are holding steady,
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.
- Click this link for the IPDH’s Online Vax Verify System
- Click this link for the IDPH’s School Outbreaks page