“Purr more, hiss less.”
– Linda C. Marchman, author, cat novelist
- KCAC’s Adorable, Adoptable Pet of the Week is written by Tecla Metzel of Kane County Animal Control.
Her ears are what you see right off the bat.
They stick up towards the ether-world, while her large green eyes peer at you with a questioning look. “Wanna play?” she seems to ask. “I betcha you can’t keep up.”
Her name is Serrano, named after a chili pepper used in Mexican cooking, and she is one “hot” kitten. A gray spayed female Domestic Shorthair, Serrano is about 5-months-old with a “sweet” personality.
Just as her siblings, Serrano is very good at playing all kinds of kitten games, like chase the shredded paper, crawl onto the desk, rearrange everything around the way she likes it, topple over items not nailed down, squeeze into the smallest nook possible and then pounce onto the shoulder of the nearest human.
Afterwards, curl up onto someone’s lap, preferably in the sun, and take a kitten nap, followed by some food and maybe another nap before attempting “zoomies” around the room.
No matter what, Serrano is perfectly able to entertain herself while her pet parent does their own thing, but she would prefer to spend time with her person, especially when she’s playing, which is a part of every day!
“Watch me, mom! I’m Serrano, and I’m fearless!”
Congratulations to Duchess, the rather “big-boned” gray female feline, for finding her fur-ever home.
Ever the socialite, Duchess (now Peggy) moved into her new abode and promptly hid until a birthday party and its celebrants took over the house.
That’s when Duchess made her entrance, deciding that everyone needed to pet her. Afterwards, she staked out her own personal chair in the sunroom and to this day hasn’t looked back. You go, girl!
Always the clown, we were so happy to see Dopey Do find his forever home.
We’re sure his new family is getting entertained every night as he runs around his new abode, popping up in the strangest of places. He’s here, there and everywhere!
Call Ahead For an Appointment!
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 virus situation, KCAC is asking any potential adopters to call ahead and make an appointment to visit any of KCAC’s adoptable animals.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. However, we want to continue to remain vigilant in keeping our employees and county animals as healthy as possible.
How to Adopt
All Kane County Animal Control adoptable cats and dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped and up-to-date on all vaccines, including rabies. They are tested for feline leukemia/FIV and heartworm.
The adoption fee is $200 for dogs and $100 for cats. Adoption of two dogs is $300, and adoption of two cats is $150.
For more information regarding Kane County Animal Control’s adoptable animals and for an adoption application, please visit www.kanecountypets.org.
About Kane County Animal Control
It is the duty of the Animal Control Department to:
- Ensure that all domesticated dogs and cats over 4 months of age are vaccinated against rabies and have a Kane County rabies tag.
- Ensure that all reported animal bites are given precautionary attention in relation to the possibility rabies infection.
- Ensure that pet owners are instructed on proper procedures pertaining to animal bites and enforce adherence to these procedures.
- Contain loose\stray dogs in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
- Investigate nuisance dog complaints in unincorporated Kane County and those towns and villages with whom contracted.
Read More POW!
- POW! Adorable Sheila Is ‘In a Puppy State of Mind’
- POW! Sheba Is The Queen of Adorableness
- POW! From Sheila to Sheba to Shelbi — Love And Hugs Await at KCAC!
- POW! Sweet Ophelia Will Give You Love — And Plenty of Verbal Updates!
- POW! Tail-Wagging Sarah Jean Will Wiggle Her Way Into Your Heart
- POW! Let Playful Little Chili Put Some Spice in Your Life!
- POW! Adopt The Girls! Shy And Sweet Clementine And Little Bear
- POW! Who Needs NetFlix With Dopey Doo Around?
- POW! Want to Hang Out With Royalty? Duchess Is a Purr-Fect Companion
- POW! Diving Into Shredded Newspaper, Pouncing on Untied Shoelaces, Every Bit of Mira Screams, ‘Kitten!’