COVID-19 UPDATES: U.S. Pediatric Cases Soaring; 1 New Kane Death; Region 8 Hospitalizations Declining
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
OVERVIEW: Pediatrics Cases Surging; More Restrictions on U.S. Travelers
It’s back-to-school week for many families in the United States — just as coronavirus cases are surging among children and teens. Weekly pediatric coronavirus cases surpassed 250,000 for the first time since the start of the pandemic, according to the most recent data published by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Italy now requires travelers from the United States to take a test before arrival, and unvaccinated American visitors must isolate for five days. Sweden is barring all nonessential U.S. visitors. The Netherlands says vaccinated travelers must isolate after arriving from the United States — and unvaccinated ones are not welcome, the New York Times reports.
COVID-19 booster shots may be coming for at least some Americans but already the Biden administration is being forced to scale back expectations — illustrating just how much important science still has to be worked out, the Associated Press reports.
CDC: What To Do If You Are Sick
If you have a fever, cough or other symptoms, you might have COVID-19. Most people have mild illness and are able to recover at home. If you are sick:
- Keep track of your symptoms.
- If you have an emergency warning sign (including trouble breathing), call 911.
KANE COUNTY: 95 New Cases, 1 Death; Test Positivity 4.6%
Kane County mourns the loss of one person to coronavirus today. It is the first Kane County death since Wednesday, Sept. 1.
Meanwhile, Kane County recorded 95 new COVID-19 cases.
The totals to date are 64,350 positive cases and 832 deaths since the pandemic began.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate also continues to trend in a positive direction. The IDPH reports the rate at 4.6%.
About 54.02% of Kane County residents are fully vaccinated.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 3,961 New Cases, 61 Deaths; Region 8 Hospitalization Improving
The Illinois Department of Public Health reported 3,961 new cases and 61 COVID-19 deaths today, one of the highest single-day death tolls in weeks.
According to IDPH data, there have been 1,554,336 positive cases and 24,194 Illinois deaths since the pandemic began.
Hospitalizations, however, are trending down, and the percentage of available ICU beds continues to climb. As of today, 27% of ICU beds in Region 8 (Kane and DuPage counties) are available.
About 53.49% of Illinoisans are fully vaccinated, according to IDPH data.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.
- Click this link for the IPDH’s Online Vax Verify System