- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
9:50PM SUNDAY, SEPT. 12
OVERVIEW: CDC Forecast Shows U.S. Will Continue to Rise; Biden Expected to Announce More Steps to Slow COVID Spread; Schools in Areas of High Vax Rates Doing Well
CDC forecasts show COVID-19 deaths likely will continue to rise, at least through the end of September.
- The figures show the number of new (top row) and total (bottom row) COVID-19 deaths reported in the United States each week from July 3 through Sept.4 and forecasted through Oct.2.
- Models make various assumptions about the levels of social distancing and other interventions, which may not reflect recent changes in behavior.
Schools in areas with high vaccination rates have tended to fare relatively well — a hopeful sign for New York City, where 70 percent of the eligible population has been fully vaccinated, though rates vary widely by neighborhood, the New York Times reports.
U.S. President Joe Biden will announce new steps to slow the spread of COVID-19 before the U.N. General Assembly meets, Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy said Sunday, Reuters reports.
4PM FRIDAY, SEPT. 10
KANE COUNTY: 154 New Cases, 2 Deaths Today
Kane County recorded 154 new cases and two additional deaths today.
The totals to date are 64,624 positive cases and 835 deaths of Kane County residents since the Illinois Department of Public Health began collecting and reporting data.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate remains at 4.6%.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 26,062 New Cases, 197 Deaths Since Last Week
The Illinois Department of Public Health today reported 26,062 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease in Illinois, including 197 additional deaths since reporting last Friday, Sept. 3, 2021.
More than 79% of Illinois adults have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose and more than 62% of Illinois adults are fully vaccinated, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Of Illinois’ total population, more than 66% has received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose and more than 51% of Illinois’ total population is fully vaccinated.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,564,386 cases, including 24,261 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years.
Since reporting on Friday, Sept. 3, 2021, laboratories have reported 578,943 specimens for a total of 29,756,833. As of last night, 2,346 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 549 patients were in the ICU and 311 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from Sept. 3-9, 2021 is 4.5%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from Sept. 3-9, 2021 is 5.1%.
A total of 14,149,453 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight. The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 20,514 doses. Since reporting on Friday, September 3, 2021, 143,596 doses were reported administered in Illinois.
*All data are provisional and will change. Additional information and COVID-19 data can be found at http://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19.
Vaccination is the key to ending this pandemic. To find a COVID-19 vaccination location near you, go to www.vaccines.gov.
OVERVIEW: Biden Issues Vaccine Mandate as Part of 6-Point Plan
President Joe Biden on Thursday is announcing sweeping new federal vaccine requirements affecting as many as 100 million Americans in an all-out effort to increase COVID-19 vaccinations and curb the surging delta variant that is killing thousands each week and jeopardizing the nation’s economic recovery, the Chicago Tribune and many other sources report.
KANE COUNTY: 120 New Cases, 1 Death; 6 Small Outbreaks So Far at Kane Schools
Kane County today recorded 120 new COVID-19 cases and one additional death, bringing the totals to 64,470 positive cases and 833 deaths since the pandemic began.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate stayed at 4.6%.
According to the Illinois Department of Public Health, 289,134 Kane County residents are fully vaccinated, accounting for 54.12% of the population.
Kane School Outbreaks
Kane County schools have recorded six outbreaks as of the week ending Aug. 28, according to data posted Sept. 3 on the Illinois Department of Public Health’s School Outbreaks page.
Data for the previous week is posted each Friday, so the next update will be Friday, Sept. 10.
As of today, the IDPH has reported six small outbreaks at Kane County schools. The largest outbreaks are in the range of five to 10 cases among students and teachers. The level of outbreak was recorded at Holy Angels Catholic School and Sleepy Hollow Elementary School.
Outbreaks of five cases or less were recorded at Fox Meadow Elementary School in District U-46 and Gary D. Wright Elementary School in District 300. During the previous week, outbreaks of five or less were reported at East Aurora School District 131 kindergarten through 12th grade schools and at Kaneland District 302’s John Shields Elementary School.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 4,741 New Cases, 21 Deaths Statewide
The state of Illinois recorded 4,741 new cases and 21 additional deaths today.
According to the IDPH, the totals to date are 1,559,077 confirmed cases and 24,215 deaths statewide.
ICU bed availability dropped a percentage point today but remains at 26%. The state of Illinois threshold is 20%.
There are 6,827,361 fully-vaccinated Illinoisans, accounting for 53.59% of the population, according to IDPH data.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.
- Click this link for the IPDH’s Online Vax Verify System
- Click this link for the IDPH’s School Outbreaks page