COVID-19 UPDATES: 3rd Booster ‘Likely’; 111 New Kane Cases; 51 Deaths Statewide; United Center Will Require Proof of Vax
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
OVERVIEW: August Was 3 Times Deadlier Than July; Fauci Says 3rd Booster ‘Likely’
The U.S. reported almost 4.22 million new coronavirus cases in August alone, making it the fourth-worst month for infections. And 26,805 Americans died of COVID-19, more than three times the July total. The last week of August was deadlier than all of July. (USA Today report)
COVID-19 hospitalizations in the United States have been rising steadily since early July, but are starting to show signs of improvement, data from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services shows. (CNN Health report)
Dr. Anthony Fauci says it is “likely” Americans will need to get a third dose of vaccine to be considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19, the Associated Press reports.
The Czech Republic announced this week that it would offer a booster, beginning Sept. 20, to anyone who had previously been vaccinated with either a single or double dose. The country strongly recommended boosters for people over 60. Similar policies were recently announced in Germany and France, the New York Times reports.
KANE COUNTY: 111 New Cases, No Deaths; Test Positivity 5.0%
Kane County recorded 111 new cases and no additional deaths today, according to data posted by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
This follows two straight days of 300-plus positive cases and days of two and one Kane County death.
The totals to date are 63,706 positive cases and 829 deaths among Kane County residents since the pandemic began.
Kane County’s seven=day test positivity rate notched up a point, to 5.0%.
As of today, 53.61% of Kane County residents are fully vaccinated.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 4,224 New Cases, 51 Deaths; United Center Requires Proof of Vaccination
The state of Illinois dropped under the 5,000 mark in daily cases today but passed the 24,000 mark in total deaths.
According to the IDPH, there were 4,224 new COVID-19 cases and 51 additional deaths. It was one of the highest single-day death tolls in weeks.
Kane-DuPage Region 8 remains at 21% capacity for ICU beds.
To date, 6,764,410 Illinoisans are fully vaccinated. That accounts for 53.09% of the population, according to the IDPH.
The United Center announced today that it will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination to enter the building, starting immediately, the Daily Herald reports. The United Center is, of course, the home to the Chicago Bulls and Chicago Blackhawks.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.
- Click this link for the IPDH’s Online Vax Verify System