COVID-19 UPDATES: 349 New Cases, 1 Death in Kane; 5,178 New Cases Statewide; CDC To Unvaccinated: Don’t Travel This Weekend
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
OVERVIEW: CDC To Unvaccinated: Don’t Travel During Holiday Weekend; Texas School District Closes After 2 Teacher Deaths; Number of Cases Among Children at Near-Peak Levels
Due to the surge of COVID-19 cases, the director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is asking unvaccinated Americans not to travel during the Labor Day holiday weekend. “First and foremost, if you are unvaccinated, we would recommend not traveling,” CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said at a White House COVID-19 Response Team Briefing on Tuesday.
According to the Alaska Department of Health, as of Tuesday 152 Alaskans are hospitalized with COVID-19, topping a previous high set in December.
A Texas school district has closed after two teachers died of COVID-19, Fox News reports.
There have been 4.8 million cases of COVID-19 in children since April 2020, according to the American Association of Pediatrics, making up about 15% of all documented cases in the United States. In the last month, the number of new weekly cases has surged to near-peak levels.
KANE COUNTY: 359 New Cases, 1 Death; Test Positivity Stays at 4.9%
Kane County recorded another 359 new cases and one death, according to data posted today by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
The totals to date are 63,595 positive cases and 829 deaths since the pandemic began.
Despite the high daily case count, Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate remains at 4.9%.
About 53.52% of Kane County residents are fully vaccinated, according to the IDPH.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 5,178 New Cases, 26 Deaths; 2,242 in Hospitals
The state of Illinois tallied 5,178 new cases and 26 additional deaths today, marking another day of 5,000-plus cases.
The totals to date are 1,528,120 positive cases and 23,979 COVID-19 deaths since the pandemic began.
State health officials today reported 2,242 COVID-19 patients are being treated in hospitals throughout Illinois, 512 of whom are in intensive care, according to the Daily Herald.
More than two dozen Illinois schools are reporting COVID-19 outbreaks, weeks after students returned to the classroom for in-person learning at fully reopened schools, the Chicago Tribune reports.
Kane-DuPage Region 8’s seven-day rolling average of ICU bed availability is at 21% — 1% above the state threshold.
According to the IDPH, 53% of Illinoisans are fully vaccinated.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.
- Click this link for the IPDH’s Online Vax Verify System
- Click this link for the IDPH’s School-Aged Metrics page