COVID-19 UPDATE: U.S. Hospitals Brace For Staff Shortages; 1 New Kane Death; Case Counts Dropping Nationwide
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
OVERVIEW: Hospitals Brace For Staff Shortages in States With Vax Mandates; Cases Clearly Dropping Nationwide; Japan Ends Its State of Emergency
Hospitals and nursing homes around the U.S. are bracing for worsening staff shortages as state deadlines arrive for health care workers to get vaccinated against COVID-19. Ultimatums take effect this week in states like New York, California, Rhode Island and Connecticut, the Associated Press reports.
Most additional doses of mRNA COVID-19 vaccine administered about six months after the primary series resulted in mild-to-moderate side effects, according to an initial analysis released Tuesday from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (Fox News report)
Japan’s government announced Tuesday that the coronavirus state of emergency will end this week to help rejuvenate the economy as infections slow, the Associated Press reports.
Although many have speculated that vaccine shots for children under 12 could come as as early as October, the Wall Street Journal reported today that Pfizer and BioNTech won’t seek approval for several weeks and vaccine for young children may not come until November.
KANE COUNTY: 75 New Cases, 1 Deaths Recorded Tuesday in Kane County
Kane County recorded 75 new cases and one additional death from COVID-19 today.
The totals to date are 66,408 positive cases and 854 deaths of Kane County residents since the Illinois Department of Public Health began reporting that data.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate is 3.3%.
According to the IDPH, 296,913 Kane County residents are fully vaccinated, accounting for 55.58% of the population.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 2,375 New Cases, 32 Deaths
The Illinois Department of Public Health reports 2,375 new COVID-19 cases and 32 additional deaths today.
The state totals are 1,621,175 positive cases and 24,892 deaths since the pandemic began.
The seven-day rolling average of COVID-19 patients in Kane-DuPage Region 8 hospitals dropped by one today; the rolling-average total is 152 patients in the two collar counties. About 25% of Region 8’s ICU beds are available.
More than 7 million people in Illinois are fully vaccinated, accounting for 55.11% of the population.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.
- Click this link for the IPDH’s Online Vax Verify System
- Click this link for the IDPH’s School Outbreaks page