COVID-19 UPDATE: Could We Be Facing Flu ‘Twindemic’?; 142 Cases, 2 Deaths in Kane; ER Visits Dropping Nationwide
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
4:30PM THURSDAY, SEPT. 12
OVERVIEW: U.S. ER Cases Down, Deaths Still Rising; Italy Requires Proof of Vaccination; Idaho Hospitals Rationing Care
CDC: The current seven-day moving average of daily new cases (136,558) decreased 12.7% compared with the previous seven-day moving average (156,341). The current seven-day moving average is 99.3% higher than the value observed approximately one year ago (68,527 new cases on July 20, 2020).
The current seven-day moving average is 46.2% lower than the peak observed on Jan. 10, 2021 (254,016) and is 1,076.0% higher than the lowest value observed on June 18, 2021 (11,613).
The Italian government has approved a decree making it mandatory for all public and private sector workers to show proof of vaccination, a negative test or recent recovery from infection, Italian Health Minister Roberto Speranza told a news conference on Thursday, CNN and many others report.
Hospitals throughout Idaho are now allowed to ration medical care as the state expands its “crisis standards of care” criteria in the face of overwhelming coronavirus cases and hospitalizations, the New York Times reports.
KANE COUNTY: 142 New Cases, 2 Deaths Today; Health Department Handling Rush as Sunday Deadline Nears
Kane County recorded another tough day in the battle against the coronavirus, with 142 new cases and two additional deaths, according to data posted on the Illinois Department of Public Health website.
The Kane County totals since the pandemic began are 65,287 cases and 840 COVID-19 deaths.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate continues to go down slowly. The IDPH posted the rate at 4.6%.
To date, 54.70% of Kane County residents are fully vaccinated.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 4,349 New Cases, 41 Deaths; Chicago Medical Experts Warn of Flu ‘Twindemic’
Medical experts warn the approaching flu season could be particularly severe, renewing fears of a potential “twindemic,” with COVID-19 still spreading in the Chicago area and across the country, the Chicago Tribune reports.
The IDPH today reported 4,349 new COVID-19 cases and 41 additional deaths, for totals of 1,586,741 positive cases and 24,492 deaths since the pandemic began.
Kane-DuPage Region 8 is showing 25% of intensive care beds are available at this time, an uptick of 1% since yesterday.
Statewide, 54.21% of the population is fully vaccinated.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.
- Click this link for the IPDH’s Online Vax Verify System
- Click this link for the IDPH’s School Outbreaks page