- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
2:45PM TUESDAY, SEPT. 12
OVERVIEW: Data Signals 4th Wave Could Be Subsiding; $5.7 Billion Pandemic Costs ‘Preventable’; Just 1/3 of People Vaccinated Worldwide; Arizona Sues Over Vax Mandates
CDC data sends signals that the latest COVID-19 wave is subsiding. As the above chart indicates, the latest Delta-variant-fueled surge in cases appears to have peaked at 172,477 around Aug. 31. Some of the data drop might have been due to Labor Day holiday data collection, and there is always a chance of some bounce backs, similar to those during the winter months. But case numbers have been dropping daily and were down to 117,622 as of Sept. 10.
Roughly one-third of people globally are fully vaccinated, according to Our World in Data. Covax, the World Health Organization’s campaign to distribute vaccines to the world, said last week that “only 20% of people in low- and lower-middle-income countries have received a first dose of vaccine compared to 80% in high- and upper-middle income countries.”
Arizona on Tuesday sued the Biden administration over sweeping vaccinate mandates that affect federal employees and private businesses with more than 100 employees — the first lawsuit against a policy that Republicans have slammed as an example of federal overreach, Fox News reports.
KANE COUNTY: 168 New Cases, 1 Death Today
Kane County recorded 168 new cases and one additional death today.
The totals to date are 65,012 positive cases and 838 deaths in Kane County, according to data posted by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate rose to 4.8%.
About 54.55% of Kane County residents are fully vaccinated.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 4,660 New Cases, 40 Deaths, But Signs That Surge Could Be Subsiding
There are signs Illinois’ latest surge of COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations may be subsiding, WGN reports. New hospital admissions and hospitalizations are declining and Illinois posted its lowest daily new case count since early August.
The data today was not so optimistic, however, as the state posted 4,660 new cases and 40 additional deaths. According to the IDPH, there have been 1,578,198 positive cases and 24,407 deaths due to COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
As of today, 54.05% of Illinoisans are fully vaccinated.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.
- Click this link for the IPDH’s Online Vax Verify System
- Click this link for the IDPH’s School Outbreaks page