COVID-19 UPDATE: 3 New Kane Deaths; Illinois Nearing 25,000 Death Toll; Urgent Advisory For Pregnant Women
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
OVERVIEW: Children Account For 27% of New COVID Cases; CDC Issues Urgent Advisory For Pregnant Women To Be Vaccinated; WHO Says Cases Are Dropping Globally
Today, the Centers for Disease Control issued an urgent health advisory to increase COVID-19 vaccination among people who are pregnant, recently pregnant (including those who are lactating), who are trying to become pregnant now, or who might become pregnant in the future to prevent serious illness, deaths, and adverse pregnancy outcomes.
Symptoms of COVID-19 persist or recur months after diagnosis for more than a third of all people who get the illness, a new study finds, potentially pushing the number of so-called long COVID cases higher than previously thought, NPR and others report.
This week, the American Academy of Pediatrics reported 206,864 new COVID-19 cases among children during the week ending Sept. 23. That accounted for 27% of all cases reported nationwide and renewed a call for the FDA to approve the Pfizer COVID-19 for ages 5 to 11, according to CNN and other sources.
School districts in South Carolina now have the authority to require masks and should check with their lawyers on what kind of accommodations they need to make for medically vulnerable students, the state’s education chief said Wednesday. (Associated Press)
The World Health Organization reported a global decline in new COVID-19 cases and deaths. The WHO said there had been an estimated 3.3 million new infections and roughly 55,000 deaths in the past week, which represents a drop of 10% in both cases.
KANE COUNTY: 99 New Cases, 3 Deaths Reported Wednesday
The Kane County data reported today by the Illinois Department of Public Health is a reflection of a trend statewide and nationwide — with new cases continuing to drop while COVID-19 deaths remain high.
The county recorded 99 new cases and three deaths today. To date, Kane County has recorded 66,507 positive cases and 857 deaths due to the coronavirus, according to IDPH data.
Throughout the pandemic, the bell curve for deaths has mirrored the pattern of the bell curve for cases counts, with deaths peaking two to four weeks after the peak case counts. Nationwide, case counts peaked around Sept. 1.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate — like the state of Illinois seven-day rate — continues to drop. Today, the IDPH posted the Kane County rate at 3.1%.
Kane County is nearing the 300,000 mark for fully-vaccinated individuals. The number is at 297,081 today.
About 55.61% of the Kane County population is fully vaccinated.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 2,989 New Cases, 42 Deaths Statewide; Illinois Nearing 25,000 COVID Deaths
The state of Illinois recorded 2,989 new cases and 42 additional deaths today, as Illinois approaches 25,000 COVID-19 deaths since the pandemic began.
The statewide totals are 1,624,164 positive cases and 24,934 deaths.
The number of COVID patients in Kane County and DuPage County Region 8 continues to be fairly level, with a seven-day average of 152. ICU bed availability is at 26%.
To date, 7,031,019 Illinoisans are fully vaccinated, which tallies to 55.18% of the population.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.
- Click this link for the IPDH’s Online Vax Verify System
- Click this link for the IDPH’s School Outbreaks page