COVID-19 UPDATE: 225 New Kane Cases, 1 Death Over Weekend; COVID Patients Increase in Region 8; Pfizer To Seek OK For Child Vaccine
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
OVERVIEW: Biden Gets Pfizer Booster; Pfizer May Soon Seek OK for Child Vaccine; New York Health Workers
President Joe Biden received his third dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus vaccine today, urging more people to get vaccinated as he did so. Federal regulators approved Pfizer boosters for Americans 65 years and older, as well as those with medical conditions and jobs placing them at higher risk, the New York Times and others report.
Pfizer/BioNTech plans to ask soon for authorization of a COVID-19 vaccine for some children under 12, bringing the U.S. one step closer to offering protection to a population that has grown particularly vulnerable as the fall season gets under way, CNN and other news sources report.
New York Governor Kathy Hochul is considering employing the National Guard and out-of-state medical workers to fill hospital staffing shortages with tens of thousands of workers possibly losing their jobs for not meeting a Monday deadline for mandated COVID-19 vaccination, Reuters and other sources report.
About 3,000 health workers in France have been suspended because they have not been vaccinated against COVID-19, BBC news reports. A new rule, which came into force on Wednesday, made vaccination mandatory for the country’s 2.7 million health, care home and fire service staff.
KANE COUNTY: 225 New Cases, 1 Death Over Weekend
Kane County recorded 225 new cases and one additional death over the weekend, according to data posted on the Illinois Department of Public Health website.
The county’s totals to date are 66,333 positive cases and 853 deaths attributed to the coronavirus since the pandemic began.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate dropped to 3.2%.
About 55.5% of Kane County residents are fully vaccinated, according to the IDPH.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 4,671 New Cases, 77 Deaths Over The Weekend
The state of Illinois recorded 4,671 new cases and 77 deaths over the weekend, a drop from previous weekends.
To date, Illinois has recorded 1,618,800 positive cases and 24,860 COVID-19 deaths.
Kane-DuPage Region 8 shows a very slight uptick in COVID-19 patients in each of the past three days of posted data, moving from a seven-day average of 149 patients on Sept. 23 to 154 patients as of Sept. 26.
About 55. 06% of Illinois residents are fully vaccinated.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.
- Click this link for the IPDH’s Online Vax Verify System
- Click this link for the IDPH’s School Outbreaks page