COVID-19 UPDATE: 11 Kane Deaths in 6 Days; 2nd J&J Dose Super-Boosts Protection; State Pushing Flu Vaccination
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
4:15PM TUESDAY UPDATE
OVERVIEW: 2nd Dose of J&J Substantially Ups Protection; U.S. Averaging 1,900 COVID Deaths Per Day; U.S. Ranks 45th in Vaccination Rates Worldwide
Health care professionals are crucial in helping #FightFlu. Make strong #flu vaccination recommendations to your patients this season with resources found here: https://t.co/dR0A1UGgbM. pic.twitter.com/EuMjmfGXu0
— CDC (@CDCgov) September 21, 2021
COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. have climbed to an average of more than 1,900 a day for the first time since early March, with experts saying the virus is preying largely on a distinct group: 71 million unvaccinated Americans.
The U.S. is continuing to sink on the list of global vaccination rates, currently ranking No. 45, according to data compiled by the Financial Times. Just 64% of Americans ages 12 and up are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, according to data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
KANE COUNTY: 104 New Cases, 2 More Deaths Today; 11 Kane Residents Died in Past 6 Days
Kane County recorded two additional COVID-19 deaths today, following five deaths over the weekend. There have been 11 deaths of Kane County residents in the past six days, bringing the total to 849 since the pandemic began.
There were just 104 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Kane County, according to data posted today by the Illinois Department of Public Health. The total number of positive Kane County cases since the pandemic began is 65,764.
More good news is that the county’s seven-day test positivity rate continues to fall. It is at 3.8% today.
About 55.05% of Kane County residents are fully vaccinated, according to the IDPH.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 3,002 New Cases, 22 Deaths Tuesday; IDPH Pushing Flu Vaccination
The state of Illinois recorded 3,002 new COVID-19 cases and 22 additional deaths today.
The statewide totals since the pandemic began are 1,601,759 positive cases and 24,661 COVID-19 deaths.
Kane-DuPage Region 8 now shows that 25% of the region’s ICU beds are available. The number of hospitalizations continue to go down.
Statewide, 54.57% of the population is fully vaccinated.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.
- Click this link for the IPDH’s Online Vax Verify System
- Click this link for the IDPH’s School Outbreaks page