COVID-19 UPDATE: 1,000+ Illinoisans Died in September; U.S. Deaths Forecast To Decrease; 1/3 of Parents Will Vaccinate 5-11s ‘Right Away’
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
OVERVIEW: One-Third of Parents Says They’ll Vaccinate 5-11s Right Away; COVID Deaths Forecast To Decrease; Stocks Fall Amid COVID Uncertainty
About a third of parents say they want to vaccinate their 5-to-11-year-old children “right away” once a coronavirus vaccine is available for that age group, according to a report from the Kaiser Family Foundation.
For the first time since June, the rate of new COVID-19 deaths in the US is expected to decrease over the next four weeks, according to an ensemble forecast from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Melbourne’s COVID-19 cases surged to record levels on Thursday with officials blaming illegal home gatherings to watch a key sporting event for the spike as a hard lockdown to combat the spread of the Delta variant neared two months.
Hundreds of health care workers across the country are being fired or suspended in droves for not complying with COVID-19 vaccine mandates, according to ABC News. Hundreds of health care workers across the country are being fired or suspended in droves for not complying with COVID-19 vaccine mandates.
Stocks on Wall Street fell broadly Thursday, closing out September with their worst monthly loss since the beginning of the pandemic, the Associated Press and others report. The S&P 500 ended the month 4.8% lower, its first monthly drop since January and the biggest since March 2020, when the viral outbreak rattled markets as it wreaked havoc with the global economy.
KANE COUNTY: 88 New Cases, No Deaths; More Than 600,000 Vaccine Shots Administered
Kane County recorded 88 new cases and no deaths today, as optimism grows about the downtown of the Delta-variant surge.
Kane County’s totals to date are 66,595 positive cases and 857 deaths.
The seven-day test-positivity rate is down to 3.0% in Kane County.
About 55.66% of Kane County residents are fully vaccinated.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 3,344 New Cases, 42 Deaths; September Was Illinois’ Deadliest Month Since January
September marked the deadliest month of the pandemic in Illinois since February, when the state was coming off the massive wave of fall and winter cases, according to a report by the Chicago Tribune. The state reported 42 additional fatalities Thursday for a total of 1,023 in September, more than double the death toll of 506 in August and more than four times July’s 222 fatalities.
The Illinois Department of Public Health today recorded 3,344 new cases to go with those 42 additional deaths.
The state totals to date are 1,627,508 positive cases and 24,976 deaths.
The average number of COVID patients in Kane County and DuPage County continued to edge down today. The seven-day rolling average is 151 COVID-19 patients in Region 8.
Statewide, 55.24% of the population is fully vaccinated.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.
- Click this link for the IPDH’s Online Vax Verify System
- Click this link for the IDPH’s School Outbreaks page