The St. Charles Business Alliance is hosting the Tenth Annual St. Charles Jazz Weekend Sept. 9 through Sept. 12, with 25 live jazz performances set between 15 venues for lunch, dinner and late night entertainment.
This year’s venues include: Baker Community Center, Pollyanna Brewing Company, Mount St. Mary Park in collaboration with the St. Charles Park District’s Sip & Stroll, Eden Restaurant and Events, The Filling Station Pub & Grill, McNally’s Traditional Irish Pub, Riverlands Brewing Company, 116 Gallery, Jeans and a Cute Top Shop, First Street Plaza, Club Arcada, The Wine Exchange, Rox City Grill, and The Office Dining & Spirits.
The venues will host many performances from jazz soloists, quintets, big bands and more that cover a range of jazz styles complementary for their in-house guests.
A highlight of the weekend is Alyssa Allgood, an acclaimed jazz vocalist with a growing national reputation, who will be performing a ticketed show at the Baker Community Center on Friday, Sept. 10.
Jenna Sawicki, executive director of the St. Charles Business Alliance, said she is excited about how the event continues to grow year over year.
“We hope everyone gets a chance to come out,” she said.
The presenting sponsor for this year’s Jazz Weekend is Sterling Bank. Other sponsors include the Kane County Chronicle, Onesti Entertainment, St. Charles Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, Comcast, Pollyanna Brewing Company, St. Charles Park District, and Ream’s Meat Market.
For the up-to-date schedule, venues and more, please visit www.stcjazzweekend.com. Any questions can be directed to the St Charles Business Alliance at 630-443-3967.
Thursday, Sept. 9
- Frank Catalano | The Filling Station | 6-9 p.m.
- Bill Boris Trio | Eden Restaurant and Events | 6-9 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 10
- The Arman Sangalang Trio | Pollyanna Brewing Company | 3:30-6:30 p.m.
- Bryan Eng Trio | 116 Gallery | 5-7 p.m.
- Jack Macklin | Riverlands Brewing Co. | 6-9 p.m.
- Fantasy Masters | Wine Exchange | 6-9 p.m.
- Alyssa Allgood | Baker Community Center | 7:30-9pm | Tickets Here
- Rodrigo VillaNueva Trio | Eden Restaurant and Events | 8-10:30 p.m.
- Rosie & the Rivets | Club Arcada | 8:30-10:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 11
- St. Charles North Jazz Workshop | First St. Plaza | 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Andrew Egizio Trio | Jeans & a Cute Top Shop | 12-3 p.m.
- Fox Valley Jazz Big Band | First St. Plaza | 1-2:30 p.m.
- Jack Macklin | Mount Saint Mary Park | 2-3:30 p.m.
- Fantasy Masters | Pollyanna Brewing Company | 2-5 p.m.
- Frank Catalano | First St. Plaza | 3-5 p.m.
- The Arman Sangalang Group | Mount Saint Mary Park | 4-5:30 p.m.
- Jacquelyn Vale | Wine Exchange | 6-9 p.m.
- Bryan Eng Trio | McNally’s Irish Pub | 7-10 p.m.
- Ryan Cohan Trio | Eden Restaurant and Events | 8:30-11 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 12
- Shout Section Big Band | First St. Plaza | 12-1:30 p.m.
- The Jack Macklin Trio | Pollyanna Brewing Company | 1-4 p.m.
- Joshua Jern Orchestra | First St. Plaza | 2:30-4:30 p.m.
- Andy Schlinder | The Office | 4-6 p.m.
About the St. Charles Business Alliance
The mission of the St. Charles Business Alliance is to drive economic growth to make the St. Charles Community a destination where people, businesses and tourism thrive. The Alliance produces the St. Charles Fine Art Show, Holiday Homecoming, Jazz Weekend, Scarecrow Festival and the St. Patrick’s Parade. For more information about the Alliance, visit www.stcalliance.org.