- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
OVERVIEW: New C.1.2 Variant; Fauci Support Vaccine Mandate For School Children; Hospitals in South Running Out of Oxygen
A new coronavirus variant, C.1.2, has been detected in South Africa and a number of other countries, with concerns that it could be more infectious and evade vaccines, according to a new preprint study by South Africa’s National Institute for Communicable Diseases and the KwaZulu-Natal Research Innovation and Sequencing Platform. The study is awaiting peer review, The Jerusalem Post reports.
Dr. Anthony Fauci, the top U.S. infectious disease expert, said on Sunday he supports COVID-19 vaccine mandates for children attending schools as the highly contagious Delta variant of the coronavirus continues to fuel a surge in cases in the nation, Reuters reports.
Hospitals in parts of the South are running out of oxygen supply as COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations continue soaring, driven by the swaths of people who remain unvaccinated and a dangerous coronavirus variant that has infected millions of Americans, CNN reports.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 25,636 New Cases of Coronavirus Disease Over the Past Week
The Illinois Department of Public Health on Friday reported 25,636 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease in Illinois, including 174 additional deaths since reporting last Friday, Aug. 20, 2021.
Almost 78% of Illinois adults have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose and 61% of Illinois adults are fully vaccinated, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,508,005 cases, including 23,889 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois.
Since reporting on Friday, Aug. 20, 2021, laboratories have reported 495,608 specimens for a total of 28,568,305. As of last night, 2,240 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 500 patients were in the ICU and 253 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from Aug. 20-26, 2021 is 5.2%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from Aug. 20-26, 2021 is 5.7%.
However, regional seven-day test positivity averages range from 4.2% to 10.8%. http://www.dph.illinois.gov/regionmetrics.
A total of 13,914,213 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight. The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 24,056 doses.
Since reporting on Friday, Aug.20, 2021, 168,391 doses were reported administered in Illinois.
*All data are provisional and will change. Additional information and COVID-19 data can be found at www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19.
Vaccination is the key to ending this pandemic. To find a COVID-19 vaccination location near you, go to www.vaccines.gov.
OVERVIEW: More Than 100,000 COVID Patients in U.S. Hospitals; Tampa Bay Hospitals’ Staffing Shortage ‘Critical’; Big Surge After Sturgis Motorcycle Rally
More than 100,000 people are hospitalized with COVID-19 in the U.S. — the first time that level has been reached since January — as medical workers say they’re once again struggling to treat waves of patients, CNN reports.
As the number of COVID-19 patients surge in Florida, the majority of hospitals report they need immediate backup and, according to the Florida Hospital Association, Tampa Bay facilities are on the brink of a critical staffing shortage, WFLA reports.
South Dakota has seen a sharp increase in daily COVID-19 cases following the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in Meade County this month. Hundreds of thousands of bikers descended upon the area Aug. 6-15, despite the Delta variant wreaking havoc on the U.S., CBS reports.
KANE COUNTY: 110 New Cases, 2 More Death; Test Positivity 6.2%
Kane County recorded 110 new cases and two additional deaths related to the coronavirus today.
The totals to date are 62,761 positive cases and 825 deaths of Kane County residents since the pandemic began.
According to data from the Illinois Department of Public Health, Kane County’s seven-day rolling rate of test positivity dropped to 6.2%.
About 53.20% of Kane County residents are fully vaccinated.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 4,853 New Cases, 59 Deaths Thursday; State Passes 1.5 Million Confirmed Cases
The state of Illinois recorded 4,853 new COVID-19 cases and 59 additional deaths on the day Gov. JB Pritzker announced new mask and vaccine mandates will go into effect on Monday.
According to state of Illinois websites, Illinois has now recorded more than 1.5 million positive cases of coronavirus. The totals on Thursday are 1,503,875 cases and 23,875 deaths since the pandemic began.
According to the Illinois Department of Public Health, 22% of ICU beds are available in Kane and DuPage county hospitals. The data shows 22% ICU availability — 2% above the threshold set by the state of Illinois.
About 66.63% of Illinoisans 18 and older are fully vaccinated; 52.83% of Illinois total population is fully vaccinated.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.