COVID-19 UPDATES: Feds Pushing For Boosters At 6 Months; ‘Time To Act Now’ For Kane County Unvaccinated; 4,451 New Cases Statewide
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
OVERVIEW: Feds Consider Boosters At 6 Months; U.S. Military Ordered To Vaccinate; Cases Worldwide ‘Seem To Be Plateauing’
Federal regulators are likely to approve a COVID-19 booster shot for vaccinated adults starting at least six months after the previous dose rather than the eight-month gap they previously announced, the Wall Street Journal reports.
New York Gov. Kathy Hochul promised more government transparency on her first day in office and by day’s end her administration had quietly delivered it by acknowledging nearly 12,000 more deaths in the state from COVID-19 than had been publicized by her predecessor, Andrew Cuomo, the Associated Press reports.
Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson are reporting enhanced disease-fighting response from booster shots, an encouraging development in light of vaccines’ diminished effectiveness over time as the delta variant of the coronavirus has turbocharged a fourth wave of infections in the U.S., USA Today reports.
The number of new COVID-19 cases reported globally “seems to be plateauing” after increasing for nearly two months, the World Health Organization said Monday.
KANE COUNTY: 115 New Cases, 1 Death; Pierog To Unvaccinated Residents: ‘Time To Act Is Now’
Kane County recorded another 115 new COVID-19 cases and one additional COVID-19 death today.
The totals to sate are 62,651 positive cases and 823 deaths of Kane County residents since the pandemic began, according to data posted by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate dropped again today and is down to 6.4%.
About 53.10% of Kane County residents are fully vaccinated.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 4,451 New Cases, 40 Deaths in 1 Day; 52.74% of Illinoisans Fully Vaccinated
The IDPH reported 4,451 new COVID-19 cases and 40 additional deaths today.
According to data posted on the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page, there have been 1,499,022 confirmed cases and 23,816 COVID-19 deaths in Illinois since the pandemic began.
Kane-DuPage Region 8 is still above the threshold of ICU-bed availability, with 22% of ICU beds open, according to the latest IDPH data.
About 52.74% of Illinoisans are fully vaccinated.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.