COVID-19 UPDATES: COVID Deaths Rising in U.S.; Gulf Coast ‘Angry Red Scar’; 3rd Dose Works in Israel
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
10PM SUNDAY, AUG. 22
OVERVIEW: Gulf Coast ‘Like Angry Red Scar’; 3rd Dose Work in Israel
The state of Illinois no longer updates COVID-19 data over the weekend, so there is no statewide or Kane County COVID-19 numbers to report on Sunday.
Conservative talk radio host Phil Valentine has died at the age of 61 after contracting the coronavirus last month, his radio station confirmed in a tweet on Saturday, Fox News reports.
A third dose of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine has significantly improved protection from infection and serious illness among people age 60 and older in Israel compared with those who received two shots, findings published on Sunday by the Health Ministry showed, as reported by VOA news.
4PM FRIDAY, AUG. 20
OVERVIEW: COVID Deaths Starting To Rise in U.S.; Canada, Mexico Travel Curtailed; Child Hospitalizations Increase
As you can see by the CDC chart above, COVID-19 deaths are now starting to rise in the U.S., after reaching a low point of 153 in early July. There were 1,054 U.S. deaths on Aug. 18.
The United States will extend its limitations on nonessential travel to and from Canada and Mexico to Sept. 21 as the delta variant continues to drive up infections and hospitalizations, the Washington Post reports.
Around the country, child hospitalizations for COVID-19 have increased to levels not seen since January, when U.S. cases and deaths were at their highest levels, according to the latest government data. Doctors in the hospitals hardest hit by the recent surge say the situation is worse than it was in January, NBC News reports.
KANE COUNTY: No New IDPH Case/Death Data Today For Kane County; Test Positivity 7.3%;
Once again, for unstated reasons, the coronavirus.illinois.gov map that shows Kane County COVID-19 cases and death totals, was not updated in the Illinois Department of Public Health website today.
The totals remain at 61,980 confirmed cases and 822 deaths. Kane County Connects will update the figures when available on the state of Illinois website.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate dropped 1/10th of a point today, to 7.3%.
As of today, 52.63% of Kane County residents are fully vaccinated.
Kane Medical Society To Public: Get Vaccinated, Wear Masks
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 24,682 New Cases, 126 Deaths Over Past Week; More Than 77% Have at Least 1 Vaccine Dose
The Illinois Department of Public Health today reported 24,682 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease in Illinois, including 126 additional deaths since reporting last Friday, Aug. 13, 2021.
Since yesterday, there have been 4,914 new cases and 18 deaths.
More than 77% of Illinois adults have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose and more than 60% of Illinois adults are fully vaccinated, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,482,369 cases, including 23,717 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Since reporting on Friday, Aug. 13, 2021, laboratories have reported 462,916 specimens for a total of 28,072,697.
As of last night, 2,000 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 468 patients were in the ICU and 234 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from August 13-19, 2021 is 5.3%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from Aug. 13-19, 2021, is 6.1%. However, regional seven-day test positivity averages range from 4.2% to 10.4%. http://www.dph.illinois.gov/regionmetrics.
A total of 13,745,822 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight. The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 33,564 doses. Since reporting on Friday, Aug. 13, 2021, 234,949 doses were reported administered in Illinois.
*All data are provisional and will change. Additional information and COVID-19 data can be found at http://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19.
Vaccination is the key to ending this pandemic. To find a COVID-19 vaccination location near you, go to www.vaccines.gov.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.