COVID-19 UPDATES: 9,213 New Illinois Cases Since Friday; Kane Test Positivity Drops; Pfizer Vaccine Fully Approved
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
OVERVIEW: FDA Full Approves Pfizer Vaccine; Mississippi Pleads to NOT USE Livestock Drug to Treat COVID
Mississippi is pleading with people to stop using a livestock drug to treat COVID-19, NPR reports.
President Biden leaned into the new FDA licensure, or full approval, of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine on Monday, encouraging businesses to require vaccinations among employees, Fox News reports.
The Rev. Jesse Jackson and his wife, Jacqueline, remain hospitalized with COVID-19 Monday at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, ABC7 reports.
Big Ten: COVID-19-related game cancellations in 2021-22 will not be rescheduled, will be ruled forfeits or ‘no contests, ESPN reports.
The CDC updated its “breakthrough cases” page today. saying the bottom line is this: COVID-19 vaccines protect people against severe illness, including disease caused by Delta and other variants circulating in the U.S.
KANE COUNTY: 364 New Cases, No Additional Death; Test Positivity Drops to 6.6%
Once again, for unstated reasons, the coronavirus.illinois.gov map that shows Kane County COVID-19 cases and death totals, was not updated on the state of Illinois website today.
The Kane County COVID-19 dashboard shows the totals as 62,344 confirmed cases and 822 deaths. That’s an increase of 364 cases and no additional deaths since the state state map was last updated on Thursday, Aug.19.
Some good news from the regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics page of the Illinois Department of Public Health website is that Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate has dropped to 6.6% after reaching a recent high of 7.4% four days earlier. The total number of cases remains high (144 new cases on Aug. 20), but the number of tests greatly increased (2,627 total tested on Aug. 20), which lowered the test positivity rates.
According to the IDPH, 52.92% of Kane County’s total population is fully vaccinated.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 9,213 New Cases, 44 Deaths Since Friday; ICU Bed Availability Down to 21%
The state of Illinois is reporting 9,213 new cases and 44 additional COVID-19 deaths since Friday.
The statewide totals to date are 1,491,582 positive cases and 23,761 deaths.
ICU bed availability of Kane and DuPage county hospitals dropped to 21% — just 1% above the state’s 20% threshold for the seven-day rolling average.
About 52.56% of Illinoisans are fully vaccinated, according to the IDPH.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.