COVID-19 UPDATES: 3 Deaths, 303 New Cases in Kane County; 4,871 New Cases Statewide; 5 State Have Less Than 10% ICU Bed Capacity
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
OVERVIEW: More Than 101,000 Americans Hospitalized; Vaccine Opposition Drops Dramatically; Canada Joins ‘Reconsider Travel’ List
With more than 101,000 Americans now hospitalized with COVID-19, the U.S. is steadily approaching its hospitalization peak from early January, when more than 125,000 patients were hospitalized at one time, according to federal data, ABC News reports.
The latest Axios-Ipsos Coronavirus Index, released Tuesday, finds only one in five Americans say they’re not likely to get vaccinated, the lowest level since the start of the index. The percentage of Americans who stand in hard opposition to getting the vaccine has also dropped to its lowest reported levels at 14% of U.S. adults, according to a post by USA Today.
The U.S. State Department has raised its travel advisory alert for Canada to a “level 3 – reconsider travel” status amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, it said in a statement on Tuesday. (Reuters report)
Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Florida and Arkansas have less than 10% left of their ICU bed capacity, according to data from the Department of Health and Human Services.
KANE COUNTY: 303 New Cases, 3 Deaths; Test Positivity 4.9%
Kane County today recorded its highest single-day case count in some time — 303 — as well as three additional COVID-19 deaths.
The totals are now 63,236 positive cases and 828 deaths from the virus.
Despite higher totals in daily cases counts in recent days, the county’s seven-day test positivity rate continues to go down, again largely due to the significantly higher numbers of people getting tested. The county’s seven-day rate dropped to 4.9% today.
According to the Illinois Department of Public Health, 53.44% of Kane County residents are fully vaccinated.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 4,871 New Cases, 26 Deaths; Region 8 ICU Capacity Drops to 21%
The Region 8 (Kane and DuPage counties) ICU bed capacity is staying above the state’s 20% threshold — but just barely. According to the IDPH, ICU bed capacity among hospitals in our region has dropped to 21%.
Statewide, there were 4,871 new COVID-19 cases and 26 deaths recorded today. Totals are 1,522,942 positive cases and 23,953 COVID-19 deaths since the pandemic began.
About 52.90% of Illinoisans are fully vaccinated.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.
- Click this link for the IPDH’s Online Vax Verify System