COVID-19 UPDATE: Travel Ban on Unvaccinated Americans?; 10,066 New Illinois Cases Since Friday; Kane Test Positivity Drops
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
OVERVIEW: IDA, COVID Deliver 1-2 Punch To Louisiana Hospitals; Travel Ban on Unvaccinated Americans?; Civil Rights Laws Challenge Prohibition of Mask Mandates
Hurricane Ida struck Southern Louisiana as a Category 4 hurricane Sunday, tearing roofs and knocking out generators of hospitals filled with thousands of COVID-19 patients amid a fourth coronavirus surge sparked by the highly contagious delta variant and low vaccination rates across the state, USA Today reports.
The European Union on Monday recommended that its member countries place new travel restrictions on unvaccinated visitors from the United States, a fresh blow to the continent’s ailing tourism sector and a sign that potential measures to curb the spread of the coronavirus might remain in place for months, the New York Times reports.
The Education Department has launched investigations into five states whose prohibitions on universal mask mandates in schools may run afoul of civil rights laws protecting students with disabilities, federal officials announced Monday.
KANE COUNTY: 168 New Cases, No Deaths Since Friday; Test Positive Drops To 5.2%
Some good news is that Kane County seven-day test positivity rates have been dropping, in part because of more testing but still an indicator that the surge could be trending down.
According to data posted on the Illinois Department of Public Health website, Kane County’s seven day rate is down to 5.3%, after reaching a high of 7.4% a week and a half ago.
Ironically, Kane County’s test positivity rate dropped significantly on the same day we recorded the most single-day cases for many weeks.
According to the IDPH chart, on Thursday, Aug. 26, 180 Kane County residents tested positive. But on that same day, 4,279 residents were tested — about twice the average number of daily tests over the past 10 days. The daily test positivity rate for Aug. 26 was 4.2%, which caused the seven-day rate to drop 3/10s of a percent.
Since Friday, Kane County has recorded 168 new cases and no additional deaths. The totals are 62,933 positive cases and 825 deaths since the pandemic began.
About 53.61% of Kane County residents are fully vaccinated, according to IDPH data.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 10,066 New Cases, 38 Deaths Since Friday
The IDPH reported 10,066 new COVID-19 cases and 38 deaths since Friday. According to state data, there have been 1,518,071 positive cases and 23,927 deaths associated with COVID-19 during the course of the pandemic.
Kane-DuPage Region 8 hospitalizations appear to be stabilizing, and ICU bed availability remains at 22% — 2 percentage points higher than the state’s threshold.
Statewide, 53.19% of the population is fully vaccinated, according to data posted by the IDPH.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.