COVID-19 UPDATE: Pandemic ‘Closer To Beginning Than End’; Kane Test Positivity 5.9%; 7,858 New Illinois Cases Since Friday
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
6PM MONDAY, AUG. 9
OVERVIEW: Pandemic ‘Closer To Beginning Than End’; More Children Entering Hospitals; Fake Vaccine Cards Worry College Officials
The pandemic is not coming to an end soon — given that only a small proportion of the world population has been vaccinated against COVID-19, according to Dr. Larry Brilliant, an epidemiologist who was part of the World Health Organization’s team that helped eradicate smallpox. Brilliant told CNBC, “I think we’re closer to the beginning than we are to the end [of the pandemic].”
CDC urges against travel to Israel, France, other nations as COVID-19 delta variant spreads, Fox News reports.
The Delta coronavirus variant puts more children in hospitals, especially in hot spots, The New York Times reports.
KANE COUNTY: 240 New Cases, 1 Death Over The Weekend; Test Positivity 5.9%
Kane County went from one of the best against the virus to one of the harder hit in the collar county area, reaching 5.9% test positivity rate.
According to the Illinois Department of Public Health, Kane County recorded 240 new cases and one death since Friday.
The totals to date are 60,925 positive cases and 818 deaths related to COVID-19.
There have been 558,629 vaccinations administered in Kane County; 271,531 Kane County residents are fully vaccinated. That’s 50.83% of the population.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 7,858 New Cases, 31 Deaths Since Friday
The state of Illinois recorded 7,858 new cases and 31 deaths since Friday.
The totals are 1,444,211 positive cases and 23,532 deaths in Illinois since the pandemic began.
The seven-day rolling average of COVID-19 cases in Region 8 (Kane and DuPage counties) hospitals continues to go up. The capacity for ICU beds remains over 20%.
About 51.65% of Illinoisans are fully vaccinated.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.