COVID-19 UPDATE: Global Infections Pass 200 Million; Illinois Mandates Masks in Schools; 71 New Kane Cases
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
5PM WEDNESDAY, AUG. 4
OVERVIEW: Global Case Count Passes 200 Million; FDA Could Grant Full Pfizer Approval By September; Vaccine Could Be Mandatory For U.S. Troops
The known total of global coronavirus infections surpassed 200 million on Wednesday, according to the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University
Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin is expected to seek authorization to make COVID-19 vaccines mandatory for all active duty troops as soon as this week, following President Joe Biden’s directive that the military examine how and when it could make that happen, CNN reports.
The FDA could grant full approval to Pfizer’s vaccine by early September, The New York Times reports.
On Wednesday, Aug. 4, Michigan’s Department of Health and Human Services issued updated recommendations for preventing COVID-19 transmission in schools and reducing disruptions to in-person learning, according to Michigan Live. But unlike Illinois, masks are not mandated.
Just over half of unvaccinated adults (53 percent) said they believed getting vaccinated posed a bigger risk to their health than getting infected with the coronavirus, a Kaiser Family Foundation report found.
KANE COUNTY: 71 New Cases, 0 Deaths; Test Positivity Up to 4.7%
Kane County added 71 positive COVID-19 cases but no deaths today, according to data posted on the Illinois Department of Public Health website.
The totals to date are 60,500 positive cases and 817 deaths related to COVID-19.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate popped up to 4.7% today.
There are now 268,847 fully-vaccinated residents of Kane County, accounting for 50.33% of the population.
Kane County Courts Require Masks
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 2,364 New Cases, 18 Deaths Today, as Masks Required in Schools, Indoor Facilities
The state of Illinois recorded 2,364 new cases and 18 additional deaths related to the coronavirus today.
That brings Illinois’ totals to 1,430,265 positive cases and 23,476 deaths.
Kane-DuPage Region 8 is seeing a steady and significant rise in the daily numbers of COVID-19 hospitalizations, which is now averaging 85 a day.
Statewide, 51.21% of the population is fully vaccinated.
Illinois Requires Masks For Schools
IDPH Expands COVID Testing To All Public Schools
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.