The Kane County Fair, a long-standing event and summer staple, is back again with its traditional family and 4-H events after a one year hiatus due to the pandemic last year.
The 152nd Kane County Fair opens Wednesday, July 14, and runs through Sunday, July 18, at the Kane County Fairgrounds in St. Charles.
Opening day begins at 3 p.m. Wednesday, July 14, and features the carnival only with the Fantasy Amusement Company of Arlington Heights. Fair goers can take advantage of free gate admission to the fairgrounds and enjoy unlimited carnival rides at $25 per person.
Free parking is always available during the five day event. Unlimited carnival ride specials continue for the next four days of the fair.
“We look forward to bringing back our long-time Kane County Fair, following the absence of it last year after 151 uninterrupted years,” said Larry Breon, Kane County Fair board president. “The Kane County Fair has been an integral part of many people’s lives, and we are very pleased to bring it back in 2021.”
Breon has been a part of the fair since his youth and involvement with 4-H.
“Our area was primarily agricultural at the time, but as anything else, we have all changed with the times,” he said. “However, the Kane County Fair is proud to continue its long-time community partnership with the support of the Illinois Extension 4-H Development Program and our Kane County farm families.”
Amita Health Saint Joseph Hospital Elgin and Amita Health Mercy Medical Center Aurora are Grand Champion sponsors of the Kane County Fair.
“We appreciate their commitment to the fair as it gives them the opportunity to share health information with Kane County residents and beyond,” Breon said.
Representative from the two Kane County hospitals will be available inside the Prairie Events Center during the fair.
A trip to the fair includes events for everyone in the family, from kids and teens to adults. Grandstand events wow the crowds and this year’s line up will be no exception in ramping up the excitement and fun.
“The Illinois State Truck Pullers are bringing their show on Thursday night,” Breon said. “Crowds love the action of this event in addition to the Ramers Demolition Derby, with two shows on Sunday.”
The big favorite at the fair is the Professional Championship Bullriders Tour, which brings exciting action, including cowgirl barrel racing, on Friday and Saturday nights.
This year, the PCB Tour brings its very popular World Tour Finale XV to the fairgrounds. In the past, it has been held indoors, but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it wasn’t able to go on, until now at the fair.
There are plenty of free activities and entertainment along the midway. Stop by the petting zoo, JP Car Show, and the Balster’s Wheel of Agriculture game show. “There’s always a new generation that enjoys the Swifty Swine Racing Pigs, too,” says Breon.
On the Miller Lite Soundstage are rock and country live performances by the Hillbilly Rockstarz, Hi Infidelity, Rosie and the Rivets, and 7th Heaven.
Don’t miss the free indoor kids events, sponsored by T-Mobile, in the air conditioned Prairie Events building. The Wild Science interactive games are STEM centered for engagement and educational fun and All Star Sports Instruction gives kids the opportunity to shoot hoops and throw balls.
So much more is in store at the fair. Visit the 4-H barns and see the animals up close. Watch a cow-milking presentation. Feel what the warm spirit of 4-H and the dedication of the agricultural community area is all about.
When it’s time to eat, have fresh corn on the cob, a variety of fair food fare, or barbeque pork or chicken from 5-B’s Catering, which is new to the fair this year.
Find out more about a cherished tradition, the Kane County Fair, at kanecountyfair.com
2021 FAIR INFORMATION
Fox Valley’s Top-Rated Summer Event! The Kane County Fair will take place July 14-18, 2021. Below is information for the Fair. Additional information will be made available closer to the fair dates.
Midway Hours of Operation
- Wednesday: 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Thursday: 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Friday: 12 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Saturday: 12 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Sunday: 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Note: Exhibit halls close two hour earlier than Midway.
Buy Fair tickets here!
Check back for advance sale specials! Advance sales end day prior to start of fair.
- Wednesday: FREE admission
- Thursday: $5; children under 3 FREE
- Friday—Sunday: $10/adult; $5/children 3-12; FREE/children under 3
Senior citizens over 62: FREE Thursday until 5 p.m.
Military with I.D.: FREE Thursday until 5:00 p.m.
Season Tickets: $20 — save $20
- 6:30 PM — ILLINOIS STATE PULLERS — ADMISSION $10
- 7:30 PM — PROFESSIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP BULLRIDERS & COWGIRLS
- 7:30 PM — PROFESSIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP BULLRIDERS AND COWGIRLS.
- 2 PM — DEMOLITION DERBY — ADMISSION $10.00
- 5 PM — DEMOTLITION DERBY — ADMISSION $10.00
Tickets will be sold at the Grandstand starting each night at 6:00 PM
Miller Lite Sound Stage
FREE ALL DAY EVERY DAY
- 7:30 PM – HILLBILLY ROCKSTARZ
- 5:30 PM – ROSIE AND THE RIVERS
- 8:30 PM – HI INFIDELITY
- 6:30 PM – 7TH HEAVEN
FREE acts found throughout Midway
- Magic Show
- Petting Zoo
- Kiddy Land
- Swifty Swine Racing Pigs
- Fantasy Amusements Ride Co.
- Miller Lite Sound Stage
- All Star Amusements Instruction, PEC
- Bengal Tiger Encounter
- Car Show
- Imagination Gallery
- Classic JP Car Show; Saturday and Sunday all day
- Kane County Dairies to Prairies Exhibit. West wing of Prairie events Center, Daily
- Five B’s serving your favorite barbecue starting at 4 pm.
Provided by Fantasy Amusements
- Wednesday: Free admission to fairgrounds; $25 unlimited rides from 3 p.m. to close
- Thursday: Customer Appreciation Day! $25 fair admission and unlimited rides from 3 p.m. to close (if purchased at gate)
- Friday: Super Saver Day! $25 unlimited rides from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. (does not include addmission) Sales stop 4 p.m.
- Saturday: Community Day! $25 unlimited rides from 12 to 5 p.m. (does not include admission) Sales stop at 4 p.m.
- Sunday: Fair Finale Day! $25 unlimited rides from 12 to 5 p.m. (does not include admission) Sales stop at 4 p.m.
- Sunday: Last Blast! $5 fair admission and $18 unlimited rides from 6 p.m. to close
4-H Members: $15 unlimited rides all day, Thursday only; must be purchased in advance through 4-H office
Complete information on events may be obtained at the fair office, by calling 630-584-6926 or by writing Katherine Unger, P.O. Box 467, St. Charles, IL 60174
SOURCE: Kane County Fair