COVID-19 UPDATE: We Are Seeing ‘Pandemic of The Unvaccinated’; State Cases Count Climbing; No New Kane Deaths
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
9:30PM MONDAY, JULY 19
OVERVIEW: ‘Pandemic of The Unvaccinated’; Pediatricians Say Kids Should Wear Masks to School; Big Jump in Wisconsin Cases
As top health officials warn that COVID-19 has become a “pandemic of the unvaccinated,” recent figures from states and cities throughout the United States reveal the extent to which the virus is impacting people who are not fully inoculated.
In Louisiana, 97% of the state’s COVID-19 cases and deaths since February have been in unvaccinated people, Gov. John Bel Edwards said Friday.
Australia’s Victoria state extended its COVID-19 lockdown by seven days until July 27 as officials sought more time to quell an outbreak of the highly infectious Delta variant that has now reached more than 80 cases in a week, Reuters reports via Yahoo News.
The seven-day rolling average for new COVID-19 cases has skyrocketed over the past two weeks in Wisconsin. On Monday, the Department of Health Services posted on Twitter that the seven-day rolling average in the state has increased by 160% in the past two weeks, NBC15 reports.
The American Academy of Pediatrics issued recommendations Monday for the 2021-22 school year that include everyone older than age 2 wearing masks, regardless of vaccination status, USA Today reports.
KANE COUNTY: 59 New Cases, Zero Deaths Since Thursday
The past four days have been pretty good for Kane County, according to COVID-19 data provided by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
Since Thursday, July 15, Kane County has recorded 63 new cases and no additional deaths. The totals to date are 59,800 positive cases and 815 deaths since the IDPH began recording data.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate is 2.0%. It was 1.8% Thursday.
About 48.92% of Kane County residents are fully vaccinated. Kane County ranks fourth in vaccination rates among Illinois counties, according to the IDPH.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 3,493 New Cases, 27 Deaths Reported Since Thursday
While Kane County’s COVID-19 totals the past four days have been fairly good, the state’s has gone up significantly.
The IDPH reports, 3,493 new cases and 27 deaths since Thursday. The totals are 1,402,763 cases and 23,377 deaths statewide.
The state is nearing a milestone in vaccinations, nearing the 50% mark. As of today, 49.97% of Illinois residents are fully vaccinated.
3:30PM THURSDAY, JULY 15
OVERVIEW: Cases Dramatically on The Rise Worldwide; Latinx Especially Hard Hit By COVID-19; Vaccine Hesitancy High In Some States
Worldwide, COVID-19 cases are continuing to trend up. According to Worldometer, the number of weekly new cases is 3,298,143, up by 429,773 from the previous week — an increase of 15%.
PEW research shows that about half (52%) of Latino adults in the U.S. say a family member or close friend living in the U.S. or in another country has been hospitalized or died from COVID-19. Overall, 62% of Latino adults either have had COVID-19 themselves or have a relative or close friend who has been hospitalized or died from the virus.
COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy rates remain high in some states – especially in Wyoming, just one state where cases are spiking due to the Delta variant, according to new data released Wednesday by the U.S. Census Bureau.
The Foo Fighters have postponed a performance originally scheduled for Saturday in Los Angeles following a “confirmed COVID-19 case within the Foo Fighters organization,” the band shared in a social media post Wednesday.
KANE COUNTY: 29 New Cases, No Deaths; Test Positivity Stays at 1.8%
Kane County added 29 COVID-19 positive cases but no deaths today. The totals are 59,737 positive cases and 815 deaths since the pandemic began.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate remains at 1/8%.
About 48.60% of Kane County’s population is fully vaccinated. The total number of full-vaccinated Kane County residents is 259,639.
The Illinois Department of Public Health reports that there have been 531,714 doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered in Kane County.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 861 New Cases, 7 Deaths Reported Thursday; Test Positivity Rising
While the numbers of new cases have not been particularly high in Kane County, there was some movement in neighboring DuPage County and the case counts statewide are significantly up today.
The IDPH is reporting 861 new cases and seven additional deaths today. ABC-7 reports that is the highest single-day case count since May 7.
The totals are 1,399,270 positive cases and 23,350 deaths related to COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
The Kane-DuPage Region 8 test positivity rate went up from 1.5% to 1.7%, with most of the new cases coming from DuPage County, according to IDPH data.
Hospital bed availability for Region 8 dropped again today to 29%. The state threshold is 20%.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.