COVID-19 UPDATE: Pandemic ‘Spiraling Out of Control’; France Mandates Vaccine Passes; Children Dying in Indonesia
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
8:40PM SUNDAY, JULY 25
OVERVIEW: Pandemic ‘Spiraling Out of Control’; France Mandates Vaccine Passes; Children Dying in Indonesia
“More mitigation is coming. Whether it’s masking, or whether it’s closures or whether it’s your kids having to return to virtual learning, that is coming,” the Trump administration surgeon general told CBS’ “Face the Nation” on Sunday, CNN and other media report. “This pandemic is spiraling out of control yet again. And it’s spiraling out of control because we don’t have enough people vaccinated.”
Hundreds of children in Indonesia have died from the coronavirus in recent weeks, many of them under age 5, the New York Times reports.
A California man who mocked COVID-19 vaccines has died after becoming infected with the virus. the New York Post reports.
France’s parliament has approved a bill that will mandate vaccine passes for those traveling within the country and will require health care workers to get the vaccine by mid-September, The Associated Press reported.
The Illinois Department of Public Health does not report COVID-19 totals on Sunday, so tune in tomorrow for updates on state and Kane County data.
3:30PM FRIDAY, JULY 23
OVERVIEW: Alabama Gov Says ‘Start Blaming Unvaccinated’; U.S. Averaging 84.9 Cases Per 100,000
Business Insider: A conservative radio talk-show host who had told followers that they were “probably safer not getting” the COVID-19 vaccine if they weren’t at high risk is now hospitalized in serious condition with the coronavirus, his family said.
Wall Street Journal: Make Smart Summer-Travel Decisions as Delta Variant Covid-19 Cases Rise
The CDC reports U.S. totals as 34,248,054 cases and 607,684 deaths. As of today, the seven-day U.S. average is 84.9 cases per 100,000 population.
KANE COUNTY: 40 New Cases, 1 Death Friday; Nearby DuPage on State Warning List
Nearby DuPage county has been red-flagged by the state for rising numbers of COVID-19 hospitalizations.
“In DuPage County, over 99.9% of hospitalized COVID-19 cases since mid-December 2020 have been in persons not fully vaccinated against COVID-19,” DuPage Health Department spokeswoman Stephanie Calvillo told the Daily Herald.
Meanwhile, Kane County reported its first COVID-19 death since Monday, July 12. The total number of Kane County COVID-19-related deaths since the pandemic began is 816.
Kane reported 40 new COVID-19 cases today, bringing the total to 59,918 since the pandemic began.
The county’s seven-day test positivity rate rose to 2.4%.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 7,983 New Cases, 47 Deaths This Week
The Illinois Department of Public Health today reported 7,983 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease in Illinois, including 47 additional deaths since reporting last Friday, July 16, 2021.
More than 73% of Illinois adults have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose and more than 58% of Illinois adults are fully vaccinated, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,407,929 cases, including 23,401 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than 1 to older than 100 years.
Since reporting on Friday, July 16, 2021, laboratories have reported 241,150 specimens for a total of 26,534,129.
As of last night, 670 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 135 patients were in the ICU and 44 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from July 16-22, 2021, is 3.3%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from July 16-22, 2021, is 3.5%.
A total of 13,056,857 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight. The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 19,928 doses. Since reporting on Friday, July 16, 2021, 139,495 doses were reported administered in Illinois.
*All data are provisional and will change.
Additional information and COVID-19 data can be found at http://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.