COVID-19 UPDATE: Kane Surrounded by ‘Substantial’ Infection; Fed Workers Must Be Vaccinated; 1,691 New Cases Statewide
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
4PM THURSDAY, JULY 29
OVERVIEW: Vaccination Required For Fed Employees; Israel Offers Booster For Age 60+; New Concerns Over COVID-19 And Dementia
President Joe Biden announced strict new testing, masking and distancing requirements for federal employees who can’t — or won’t — show they’ve been vaccinated against the coronavirus, aiming to boost sluggish vaccine rates among the millions of Americans who draw federal paychecks and to set an example for employers around the country, the Associated Press reports.
Israel’s prime minister on Thursday announced that the country would offer a coronavirus booster to people over 60 who have already been vaccinated, Reuters and other media report.
At least 75 confirmed cases of COVID-19 across 17 U.S. states have been linked to a Christian summer camp in North Carolina, officials said, ABC News reports.
Researchers are concerned about the possibility that COVID-19 might lead to dementia, according to a report in USA Today.
KANE COUNTY: 38 New Cases, 0 Deaths Thursday; Kane Surrounded By ‘Substantially’ Infected Counties
Kane County is surrounded by counties on the Centers for Disease Control’s “substantial transmission” list.
In the Chicago area, as of Wednesday, DuPage and McHenry counties joined Will county on the “substantial transmission” list, joining Will County, the Chicago Tribune reports.
As of today, the CDC map shows the number of counties in Northern Illinois in that “substantial transmission” category has grown to include DeKalb, LaSalle, Kendall, and Cook.
Residents and visitors in counties that have substantial or high transmission are suggested to wear masks indoors — even those persons who are vaccinated.
Kane County recorded 38 new cases and no additional deaths today, according to data posted by the Illinois Department of Public Health. Kane County has recorded just one COVID-19 death in 17 days.
The totals to date are 60,143 positive cases and 816 deaths since the pandemic began.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate took another jump today, going from 3.8% to 4.1%.
According to the IDPH website, 49.79% of Kane County’s population has been fully vaccinated.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 1,691 New Cases, 12 Deaths Thursday
As mentioned above, the vast majority of Illinois’ 102 counties are now seeing substantial or high transmission of the virus, according to CDC data.
Statewide, the IDPH reported 1,691 new cases and 12 additional deaths. The totals to date are 1,417,263 positive cases and 23,432 deaths related to the virus.
The Kane-DuPage seven-day test positivity rate rose again, to 4.1%.
About 50.70% of Illinoisans are fully vaccinated, according to data posted on the IDPH website.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.