COVID-19 UPDATE: Florida Now The Hot Spot; Vaccine Mandates For Some Gov Workers; Kane Passes 60K Positive Cases; Chicago Wary About Lollapalooza
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
3PM MONDAY, JULY 26
OVERVIEW: Florida Now The Hot Spot; More Gov Workers Required to Get Vax or Tests; Delta Could Be Further Along Than CDC Thought
The Department of Veterans Affairs will require its front-line health care workers to be vaccinated against COVID-19, a move that comes as vaccine mandates from employers are on the rise, The Hill reports.
Dr. Scott Gottlieb, former Food and Drug Administration commissioner, said Sunday he thinks the U.S. is further into the CBS reports.driven by the Delta variant than Centers for Disease Control and Prevention models are picking up. He said that could mean “hopefully we’re going to turn a corner” in the next two to three weeks,
Officials in California and New York City said Monday they would require their workers to either be vaccinated against COVID-19 or be tested at least weekly for the virus. the Wall Street Journal reports.
KANE COUNTY: 107 New Cases, 0 Deaths Since Friday; Kane Passes 60,000 Cases in Total
Kane County officially passed the 60,000 mark in confirmed COVID-19 cases today as the Illinois Department of Public Health website shows 107 new cases since Friday. The total positive Kane County cases 60,025.
Kane County recorded no new deaths since Friday, keeping the total at 816 since the pandemic began.
The seven-day test positivity rate is back up to 3.0% in Kane County — still better than neighboring DuPage, which is at 3.6%.
There are 264,337 fully vaccinated Kane County residents, accounting for 49.48% of the population.
Community Vax Clinics Coming Up
Bus-Shelter Ads Emphasize Value of COVID Vaccination
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 3,892 New Cases, 8 Deaths Since Friday; Chicago Monitoring Lollapalooza Effects
With Lollapalooza days away, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot told the Chicago Tribune that she will consider reinstating a mask mandate and other restrictions if the city starts to consistently record more than 200 new COVID cases per day.
This comes as the state reports 3,892 new COVID-19 cases and eight additional deaths since Friday.
More than half the state’s population is fully vaccinated. The numbers as of today are 6,424,2017 fully vaccinated Illinoisans out of a population of 12,741,080. That’s 50.42%, according to the IDPH website.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.