- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
8:00PM SUNDAY, JULY 11
OVERVIEW: Fauci Says There Should Be Local Mandates to Get COVID-19 Vaccine
Anthony Fauci said on Sunday that he believes there should be more mandates at the local level requiring people to get the COVID-19 vaccine. “We’ve lost 600,000 Americans already, and we’re still losing more people. There’ve been 4 million deaths worldwide. This is serious business,” Fauci said.
Forty-two states saw an increase in COVID-19 cases last week from the week before, a sign that the pandemic is not yet over in the United States, USA Today reports.
In recent days, Indonesia has reported nearly twice as many coronavirus cases as the United States.
According to the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, the state has recorded 534,646 cumulative cases of SARS-CoV-2—an increase of 809 positive cases (PCR testing only)—and 9,387 total deaths as of Sunday, July 11, no increase over yesterday. That’s a case fatality rate of 1.76%.
3PM FRIDAY, JULY 9
OVERVIEW: No Masks For Vaxed Students; Pfizer Seeks Booster Shot; Missouri Is Ground Zero
Missouri is still ground zero for the COVID-19 pandemic, according to The Hill and other sources. The Missouri Health Department has recorded a total of 533,670 coronavirus cases as of Friday, an increase of 1,544 from the day before.
Vaccinated teachers and students will not need to wear masks, according to guidelines releases today by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Pfizer is developing a COVID-19 vaccine booster shot, which could be taken six moths to a year after the last shot, according to CNBC and other sources.
COVID-19 KANE COUNTY: 29 New Case, 1 Death Friday
Kane County recorded one additional COVID-19 death and 29 new cases Friday, according to data posted by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
The county’s seven-day test positivity rate ticked up to 1.5%.
There are 256,502 fully vaccinated Kane County residents, accounting for 48.01% of the population.
COVID-19 STATE OF ILLINOIS: 2,945 New Cases, 53 Deaths Over the Past Week
The Illinois Department of Public Health today reported 2,945 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease in Illinois, including 53 additional deaths since reporting last Friday, July 2, 2021.
More than 72% of Illinois adults have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose and 57% of Illinois adults are fully vaccinated, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,395,497 cases, including 23,297 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years.
Since reporting on Friday, July 2, 2021, laboratories have reported 195,694 specimens for a total of 26,064,549. As of last night, 430 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 91 patients were in the ICU and 35 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from July 2-8, 2021, is 1.5%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from July 2-8, 2021, is 1.7%.
A total of 12,768,842 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight. The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 17,239 doses.
Since reporting on Friday, July 2, 2021, 120,675 doses were reported administered in Illinois.
*All data are provisional and will change. Additional information and COVID-19 data can be found at http://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19.
State Adopts CDC Rules For Reopening of Schools in Fall
How To Replace a COVID-19 Vaccination Card
Kane County Expands Six Flags Ticket Opportunities For Youth
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.