COVID-19 UPDATE: Deaths Will Rise For at Least 4 Weeks; Italy Invokes COVID Pass; 1,993 New Cases Statewide; 50 New Cases in Kane
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
3:30PM THURSDAY, JULY 22
OVERVIEW: U.S. Hospitalizations Will Increase For at Least 4 Weeks; Lambda Variant Makes Headlines; Italy Requires COVID Passes
Ensemble forecasts from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention published Wednesday project COVID-19 deaths and hospitalizations will likely increase over the next four weeks, CNN reports.
While the Delta variant of the coronavirus has quickly become the dominant strain in the United States, it’s not the only variant circulating in the population. The Lambda variant, first identified in Peru, is also making headlines as it has started to be identified in several states, NPR reports.
Lollapalooza will go on despite rising COVID-19 cases, WTTW reports.
With daily COVID-19 cases sharply rising again, Italy will soon require people to have passes reflecting their health status to access gyms, museums, movie theaters, the inside of restaurants and other venues, ABC News reports.
KANE COUNTY: 50 New Cases, 0 Deaths Thursday; Test Positivity Rising
Kane County is not immune to rising test-positivity rates.
Today’s data from the Illinois Department of Public Health shows the seven-day test positivity rate is up to 2.2%.
The number is likely to go up, as Kane County reported 50 new COVID-19 cases today, bringing the total to 59,878 positive cases since the pandemic began.
There were no new Kane County deaths reported today. The county has been at 815 total deaths since Monday, July 12.
About 49.19% of Kane County’s population is fully vaccinated.
STATE OF ILLINOIS: 1,993 New Cases, 6 Deaths Thursday; Test Positivity 3.3%
Illinois recorded one of its highest new-case counts in weeks, tabulating 1,993 new cases today, according to data on the Illinois Department of Public Health website.
There were six additional deaths recorded statewide.
According to the IDPH, the Illinois totals to date are 1,406,459 positive cases and 23,398 COVID-19 deaths since the pandemic began.
The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from July 15-22 is at 3.3%.
About 50.23% of the Illinois population is now fully vaccinated.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.