COVID-19 UPDATE: Death Toll Nears 4 Million Worldwide; CDC Says Transmission ‘Moderate’ in Kane County
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
3PM MONDAY, JULY 5
OVERVIEW: Death Toll Nearing 4 Million Worldwide; England Could End Restrictions on July 19
England is likely to end COVID-19 restrictions by July 19, according to the New York Times and other sources.
Israel has recorded a steep drop in the efficacy rate of the Pfizer Inc.-BioNTech SE in preventing coronavirus infections, due to the spread of the delta variant and the easing of government restrictions, Ynet news website reported, citing Health Ministry data.
The world is moving closer to recording 4 million COVID-19 deaths. Worldometer is reporting 184,756,336 total cases and 3,996,314. Despite the distribution of vaccine in many parts of the world, the numbers of new cases worldwide are still trending up.
KANE COUNTY: CDC Data Shows Kane Transmission as ‘Moderate’
As of 1:45 p.m. today (Monday, July 5), the Illinois Department of Public Health has not updated its COVID-19 data since Friday, so above is some Kane County data as posted on the Centers for Disease Control website.
As you can see from the CDC map above, Kane County is categorized in the “moderate” level of outbreak for the period of June 26 to July 2.
There are 236,262 Kane County residents fully vaccinated as of July 4, accounting for 44.4% of the population. There are 313,243 Kane County residents who have had at least one dose of vaccine, or 58.8% of the population.
About 72.4% of residents age 18 and older have had at least one shot.
ILLINOIS: CDC Data Shows State Trending in Positive Direction
Above is the Illinois Synopsis from the CDC website.
As you see by the chart, Illinois is trending in the right direction, with 12 new cases per 100,000 population. That’s a 21% improvement over the previous week.
The number of new COVID-19 hospital admissions per 100 population is down to one in Illinois — 19% lower than the previous week.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.