COVID-19 UPDATE: Concerns Increase For Children 12 And Under; 742 New Cases Statewide; Region 8 Hospitalizations Rising
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED
XPM WEDNESDAY, JULY 14
OVERVIEW: Delta Accounts For 58% of U.S. Cases, Concerns Increase For Children 12 And Under
The Delta variant now accounts for 58% of the COVID-19 cases in the U.S., the CDC reports.
If vaccination rates among adults and kids 12 and older keep lagging amid increased spread of the Delta variant, the youngest members of the population will be most affected, Dr. Peter Hotez, a vaccinologist and dean of the National School of Tropical Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine told CNN.
At least 11 healthcare workers, eight of whom were fully vaccinated, tested positive for COVID-19 after attending a pool party in Las Vegas in on June 7, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported, citing emails from the local health district.
COVID-19 KANE COUNTY: 21 New Cases, No Deaths; Test Positivity 1.8%
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate ticked back down to 1.8% today.
The county recorded 21 new cases and no deaths, bringing totals to 59,708 positive cases and 815 deaths since the pandemic began, according to data posted by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
There have been 530,672 doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered in Kane County to date. There are 259,129 fully vaccinated residents of Kane County, accounting for 48.51% of the population.
COVID-19 STATE OF ILLINOIS: 742 New Cases, 7 Deaths Reported Wednesday; Region 8 Hospitalizations Rising
COVID-19 hospitalizations in Kane-DuPage Region 8 have risen slightly for seven straight days, according to data posted by the IDPH.
Statewide, there were 742 new cases and seven deaths reported today. The totals are 1,398,409 positive cases and 23,343 deaths since the pandemic began.
About 49.6% of Illinoisans are fully vaccinated — a total of 6,320,119 people.
- COVID-19 UPDATE: Cases Surge in 45 States; Chicago Reinstates Travel Warnings; Kane Test Positivity Rises – Kane County Connects
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.