COVID-19 UPDATE: Worldwide Cases Are Rising Again; 2 New Kane Deaths; 747 New Cases Statewide Over Weekend
- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED!
2:50PM MONDAY, JUNE 28
OVERVIEW: Don’t County Out COVID Just Yet — Worldwide Numbers Are Rising Again
COVID-19 cases are on the upswing worldwide, according to the World Health Organization and other sources.
The rapid spread of the Delta coronavirus variant has forced a growing number of countries to reimpose lockdowns and other public health restrictions, raising fears that the more contagious variant was hampering global efforts to contain the pandemic, according to the Washington Post. The new curbs on travel and daily life stretched from Australia and Bangladesh to South Africa and Germany.
KANE COUNTY: 46 New Cases; 2 Kane COVID-19 Deaths Over Weekend
Kane County recorded 46 new cases and two additional COVID-19 deaths over the weekend, according to data posted today on the Illinois Department of Public Health website.
The total number of cases in Kane is 59,539, while the total number of deaths is 810.
Kane County’s seven-day test positivity rate remains at 1.5%.
Kane County has passed the 250,000 mark in people who are fully vaccinated. The total is now 250,757.
ILLINOIS: 747 New Cases, 20 Deaths Over The Weekend
The state of Illinois reported 747 new cases and 20 deaths from Friday to Monday. The totals to date are 1,391,179 positive cases and 23,219 COVID-19-related deaths since the pandemic began.
According to the IDPH, 6,134,208 Illinoisans are fully vaccinated, accounting for 48.15% of the population.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.