- VISIT THE KANE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT WEBSITE!
- VISIT KANEVAX.ORG
- For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO GET VACCINATED!
9PM SUNDAY, JUNE 27
OVERVIEW: South Africa Resumes COVID Restrictions
South Africa has reintroduced tough restrictions including a ban on alcohol sales and an extended nightly curfew as it fights a fast-increasing surge of COVID-19 cases, according to the Associated Press.
The Illinois Department of Public Health did not update its data as of 8:45 p.m. Sunday.
3PM FRIDAY, JUNE 25
OVERVIEW: Australia, Other Countries Reimplement Lockdowns; Doctors Eyeing Yet Another Delta Variant
An increase of coronavirus infections around the world is forcing some governments to reimplement lockdown measures to control the spread of the virus. NPR reports that health officials from Australia to Israel and around Europe announced new restrictions ahead of the weekend as they report clusters of outbreaks and try to mitigate further transmissions.
CBS reports that doctors and epidemiologists are closely monitoring the rise of the so-called Delta Plus variant — a mutation of the first detected in India that could be more infectious and cause more significant health problems than other variants.
KANE COUNTY: 6 New Cases; 7th Day Without a COVID-19 Death
Kane County recorded six new cases of coronavirus today and has now gone a full week without a COVID-19-related death, according to data posted on the Illinois Department of Public Health website.
The totals to date are 59,493 positive cases and 808 deaths since the pandemic began.
Kane County’s seven-day rolling test positivity rate remains at 1.5%.
There are now 245,660 fully vaccinated people in Kane County, accounting for 45.99% of the population.
Six Flags Tickets For 12- to 17-Year-Olds Who Get Vaccinated Today in Elgin
ILLINOIS: 1,744 New Cases, 66 Deaths Over Past Week; IDPH Reports Summer Camp Outbreak
The Illinois Department of Public Health today reported 1,744 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease in Illinois, including 66 additional deaths since reporting last Friday, June 18, 2021.
Almost 71% of Illinois adults have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose and more than 54% of Illinois adults are fully vaccinated, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,390,432 cases, including 23,199 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois.
Since reporting on Friday, June 18, 2021, laboratories have reported 276,760 specimens for a total of 25,634,328. As of last night, 435 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 99 patients were in the ICU and 53 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
IDPH Reports Summer Camp COVID Outbreak
In mid-June, more than 50 teens and adult staff at a summer youth camp in central Illinois tested positive for COVID-19. At least one person was hospitalized.
Although all campers and staff were eligible for vaccination, IDPH is aware of only a handful of campers and staff receiving the vaccine. The camp was not checking vaccination status and masking was not required while indoors.
All campers and staff went home and were asked to be tested and told to quarantine.
As more transmissible and dangerous COVID-19 variants spread, including the Delta variant, largely among people who have not been vaccinated, IDPH continues to encourage all residents 12 years and older to be vaccinated.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from June 18-24, 2021 is 0.6%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from June 18-24, 2021 is 0.8%.
A total of 12,360,117 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight. The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 28,798 doses. Since reporting on Friday, June 18, 2021, 201,587 doses were reported administered in Illinois.
All data are provisional and will change. Additional information and COVID-19 data can be found at http://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19.
Vaccination Information Resources
- Website: KANEVAX.ORG
- KANEVAX Phone: 855-4-KANEVAX (855-452-6382)
- Illinois Vaccine Appointment Call Center: 833-621-1284
- Illinois’ Guidance on COVID-19: 800-889-3931; DPH.SICK@illinois.gov
- Click this link to sign up and receive vaccine information update emails from the Kane County Health Department.
- Notificación de Información Sobre Vacunas
- For questions about the COVID Vaccine, contact the Kane County Health Department at COVIDVaccine@co.kane.il.us
- Pandemic Health Navigator: HelpGuideThrive.org
State of Illinois COVID-19 Data
- Click here for the most recent IDPH COVID-19 news releases.
- Click this link for regional COVID-19 resurgence metrics.
- Click this link for the coronavirus.illinois.gov web page.
- Click this link for state of Illinois news releases.
- Click this link for statistics on long-term-care facilities.
- Click this link for county-level metrics.
- Click this link to watch state of Illinois news conferences.
- Click this link to see vaccination data from the IDPH.
- Click this link for the state of Illinois vaccination locations page.
- Click this link for the new COVID-19 modeling page.
- Click this link for the CDC’s Kane County data tracker page.
- Click this link for the IDPH’s Variants of Concern page.